The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 11:35am

Joe,

It's like talking to a post.

He is not going to answer the question, because he refuses to ever admit that he has made a mistake. He can't come up with any insulting comments directed at AMLU members (which is the question we are asking, Jeff).

Let's just go with the fact that all the harsh words are coming from the MiLB umpire camp, and not from those who take issue with them.

Most people were, myself included, 100% behind the AMLU, until they started ripping us so-called "amateur" umpires, calling us "Charlies" and "Smitties", and showing the contempt and disdain that they really feel toward us. Once I saw what their modus operandi was, while still feeling their pain, I became much less sympathetic to their plight.

Now I find myself rooting for the "scab Charlies" to do a half-way decent job, since the games were going to get played with or without the regular umpires.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 11:47am
Do not give a damn!!

What I find funny about this discussion is now you do not like the tone of the discussion and now you want to tell everyone how to have the conversation. If you ask me anyone that supports a scab is inflammatory in itself. I do not need specific language to find that objectionable or unacceptable. I know where I live there are guys who are not even respected at the HS level working while these games. In some cases there are guys who are not even currently umpires that are working some of these games. Now some of you here do not want to have the discussion because a word is used but you are here having the discussions anyway. If it bothers you so much, do not read the posts and find another topic to discuss. Maybe what kind of chest protector to use or whether +POS gives great service or not is more up your alley. I can tell that any discussion about serious issues is not going to be fit for your sensitive heart.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 12:35pm

"Haha, charade you are." - Pink Floyd, Pigs, Three Different Kinds
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 12:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
"Haha, charade you are." - Pink Floyd, Pigs, Three Different Kinds
Great, more name calling. Is this the proof you need?

Peace
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 01:16pm

Jeff, are you a member of the AMLU? I asked for specific remarks directed toward the Minor League Umpires. Your inability to answer the most simple of questions is the reason I said you are a charade.

You post statements, and then, in true liberal fashion, try to double-talk your way out of them, without really addressing the original question. You were wrong, realized you were wrong, and then tried to half-step your way around it, thinking that we are stupid anyway, who's going to notice? But I noticed.

To further quote the song, "you're nearly a good laugh, you're nearly a laugh but you're really a cry."

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 01:18pm.
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 01:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Jeff, are you a member of the AMLU? I asked for specific remarks directed toward the Minor League Umpires. Your inability to answer the most simple of questions is the reason I said you are a charade.
I have answered your questions (which for the most part are very broad and not related to the issue at hand). I am just not going to answer them in the manner that you want me to just to make you happy. What I seem to say makes you upset and I am personally getting a kick out of that. I never even responded to you in this debate about what I claimed or did not claim about the tone of this discussion.

Quote:
You post statements, and then, in true liberal fashion, try to double-talk your way out of them, without really addressing the original question. You were wrong, realized you were wrong, and then tried to half-step your way around it, thinking that we are stupid anyway, who's going to notice? But I noticed.
Quote:
To further quote the song, "you're nearly a good laugh, you're nearly a laugh but you're really a cry."
Now you are quoting music I most likely do not listen to. You already referenced Pink Floyd a group I never listened to or liked. I have a couple of references for you but that would be name-calling. So I will refrain from those types of words.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I have answered your questions (which for the most part are very broad and not related to the issue at hand). I am just not going to answer them in the manner that you want me to just to make you happy. What I seem to say makes you upset and I am personally getting a kick out of that. I never even responded to you in this debate about what I claimed or did not claim about the tone of this discussion.

Peace
TRANSLATION FROM JRUTLDGE INTO ENGLISH:
When I said that people were calling AMLU guys names, I was totally making that up. All of the insults and nastiness have come from those that support the AMLU.
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn
When I said that people were calling AMLU guys names, I was totally making that up. All of the insults and nastiness have come from those that support the AMLU.
LOL

TRANSLATION FROM LMAN INTO ENGLISH:

LOL
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 02:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
TRANSLATION FROM JOE'S WORLD TO REALITY

I cannot look up the conversations myself; I need someone to hold my hand and use Google or the search engine because I am too dumb to know how to read. Even though I am too lazy to look up the several conversations that were had, I need Jeff Rutledge to do the hard work for me. Also I am not smart enough to read the comments just made in this post about socalblue1 on page #5 of this very thread and I do not know how to go to the bottom of this thread and look at related topics, I have to accuse someone of something that I am not smart enough to look up and confirm for myself. In normal life need someone to tell me things that I can see for myself.

Will someone tell me when I have to go to the bathroom next time? I cannot figure that out for myself either.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:50pm.
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 02:33pm

Quote:

I can't help about the shape I'm in.
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.
But don't ask me what I think of you.
I might not give the answer that you what me to.

OH WELL

Now, when I talked to God I knew he'd understand.
He said, "Stand by my side and I'll be your guiding hand.
But don't don't ask me what I think of you.
I might not give the answer that you want me to".

OH WELL

Nothing like a song for every occassion.
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:

I cannot look up the conversations myself; I need someone to hold my hand and use Google or the search engine because I am too dumb to know how to read. Even though I am too lazy to look up the several conversations that were had, I need Jeff Rutledge to do the hard work for me. Also I am not smart enough to read the comments just made in this post about socalblue1 on page #5 of this very thread and I do not know how to go to the bottom of this thread and look at related topics, I have to accuse someone of something that I am not smart enough to look up and confirm for myself. In normal life need someone to tell me things that I can see for myself.

Will someone tell me when I have to go to the bathroom next time? I cannot figure that out for myself either.

Peace

What was that song the fat little mayor from the movie Best Little Whorehouse in Texas sang?

Wasn't it something about a side-step?

Jeff:

Were your grammar not so fractured and your dissemination abilities not so convoluded you could have been a politician instead of an Amway salesman.

Wait, never mind, I guess you would make a perfect politician.

Tim.
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 03:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

I always love the "grammar" comments but I always get responses and summations of my very point of view in the actual responses to what I have said. If you did not understand what I said, why are you responding to every post I make?

If this was a classroom I will then worry about exactly how perfect my grammar is or is not. Also I bet I can get in front of many more people and talk about ideas than you have ever in your life with people of all kinds of educational backgrounds. Remember you think LL umpiring is the "lick" (a slang word, sorry for your grammar Nazis). So before you get on my about an income stream that you probably would never know how to do because you like following directions from someone that makes more money than you do, I would try to be careful those types of insult.

I have answered the question and gave a specific reference. I know that this will never be good enough. Also I am not in a court of law where my answer is necessary to this or any discussion. If you are insulted by the term scab get used to it because it is not going away. It is going to be used by myself and many other umpires that side with the union and the issues they are fighting for. If you are so insulted by those conversations, go and jump off the nearest building because you are so insulted. If you want to shape the argument to the way you want to have the argument, go to a place where only people like you think. Maybe the Republican National Convention is a good place and you will never have to worry about someone taking a side opposite of the leadership.

Once again this shows this was never about the issue at hand (which is why I answer the way I do), it is about me and what I may or may not have meant by a very minor statement. Oh well, some of us have to go actually work a game and not just talk about it on the internet.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I cannot look up the conversations myself; blahblah blah
Jrutledge,

I did use the search function. None of the comments about AMLU guys that you talked about

That and your shucking and jiving when asked to back up your story shows me that you intentionally tried to mislead people.

The truth is that the uncivil language has been a one-way street...AMLU supporters insulting those that disagree with them. You KNOW this to be true but you continue with your intentionally false statements. What goes through your mind to continue with a story that we know is not true? I feel sorry for you.

Joe
Old Fri Apr 14, 2006, 01:50pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
It's not TRUE, Mark. It's your OPINION. There's a difference. And your story is completely unrelated to the MiLU situation.
Rich:

My story is related to the both the MLB strike and the Minor League strike, and that is there are far too many sports officials who will sell out their brethen their own personal gain. People with integrity will not do that. Would I love to officiate in the NBA or WNBA? Sure, what basketball official wouldn't. But I would never cross a picket line or sell out my fellow basketball officials. (POI: So that people do not accuse me of witholding information, I have one friend who officiates in the NBA and two that officiate in the WNBA; My father was a member of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters Union for 53 years and his brothers were members of the United Steel Workers Union for over forty years.) Yes, I have a union background, but even if I did not have three friends that officiate in the NBA and WNBA I would sell out my fellow sports officials for fame or fortune.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Apr 14, 2006, 01:53pm
Administrator

Quote:
Mark,

It is incredible that a smart guy like you cannot understand that you lose so many listeners when you insult and call names. A lot of people will not listen to you, even if you are right. It seems like union rhetoric is not meant to persuade.

Instead, why don't you try a reasoned and respectful argument? Some of the guys who have worked Minor League games may see your point and refuse to do any more. Some guys who are undecided may be swayed in your direction.

Joe

Joe:

Who did I insult? Who did a call a name? I thought using professional and ethical conduct as a reason for not crossing a picket line good and logical reasons for my position.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Closed Thread