Thread: Scab Umpires
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 14, 2006, 01:50pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
It's not TRUE, Mark. It's your OPINION. There's a difference. And your story is completely unrelated to the MiLU situation.
Rich:

My story is related to the both the MLB strike and the Minor League strike, and that is there are far too many sports officials who will sell out their brethen their own personal gain. People with integrity will not do that. Would I love to officiate in the NBA or WNBA? Sure, what basketball official wouldn't. But I would never cross a picket line or sell out my fellow basketball officials. (POI: So that people do not accuse me of witholding information, I have one friend who officiates in the NBA and two that officiate in the WNBA; My father was a member of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters Union for 53 years and his brothers were members of the United Steel Workers Union for over forty years.) Yes, I have a union background, but even if I did not have three friends that officiate in the NBA and WNBA I would sell out my fellow sports officials for fame or fortune.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio