Thread: Scab Umpires
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 13, 2006, 03:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

I always love the "grammar" comments but I always get responses and summations of my very point of view in the actual responses to what I have said. If you did not understand what I said, why are you responding to every post I make?

If this was a classroom I will then worry about exactly how perfect my grammar is or is not. Also I bet I can get in front of many more people and talk about ideas than you have ever in your life with people of all kinds of educational backgrounds. Remember you think LL umpiring is the "lick" (a slang word, sorry for your grammar Nazis). So before you get on my about an income stream that you probably would never know how to do because you like following directions from someone that makes more money than you do, I would try to be careful those types of insult.

I have answered the question and gave a specific reference. I know that this will never be good enough. Also I am not in a court of law where my answer is necessary to this or any discussion. If you are insulted by the term scab get used to it because it is not going away. It is going to be used by myself and many other umpires that side with the union and the issues they are fighting for. If you are so insulted by those conversations, go and jump off the nearest building because you are so insulted. If you want to shape the argument to the way you want to have the argument, go to a place where only people like you think. Maybe the Republican National Convention is a good place and you will never have to worry about someone taking a side opposite of the leadership.

Once again this shows this was never about the issue at hand (which is why I answer the way I do), it is about me and what I may or may not have meant by a very minor statement. Oh well, some of us have to go actually work a game and not just talk about it on the internet.

Peace