Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 24, 2004, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

But isn't baseball a soap opera?

Quote:
Originally posted by BayouUmp
I enjoy this forum until a thread like this starts. I don't know the history of all of the players here, but I do know that the 3rd post on this topic directed an insult at WCB. The piling on followed and the latest battle of this tiresome war was on.

I come to this forum to learn...Baseball, not read an online soap opera.

I am a young official that honestly wants to do the very best job everytime I step on the field. I read, study, listen and ask. I make mistakes and learn from them, and I offer help to others that may need it.

Above all, however, I use the best advice I have ever received: "Act like a professional".

If members here followed that simple Golden Rule, we'd all be better at what we do.

Hey, if you follow baseball its nothing but a "real life" soap opera.

And the last few years, the umpires have become more and more a part of the script.

Kind of like the WWE, WWF etc., come up with a good script and stay with it as long as it works.

Then change the script.

Thanks
David
Old Fri Sep 24, 2004, 02:43pm

...and "Action!"

Scene: Scientific Laboratory on a rainy night

(Evil laugh-offscreen)
Dr. Wizard: I've done it! I've finally done it! After all
of these years...the world will no longer laugh
at me. They'll soon know my wrath!

(zoom in on operating table)

Dr. Wizard: It's alive...breeding a chicken and a jackass, bombarding them with high levels of radiation and removing half of the frontal lobe...and yet, it lives! (Evil cackle)

(close up of hideous creature on table)

The Thing (Altar Boy in drag): Da-da? Da-da?

Dr. Wizard: Aaahhh, my precious little Altar Boy. We will have such fun together. Others will call you hideous names, but to me, you will always be..."Mini Me!"

(Lightning cracks as the scene fades to black. Cheesy music swells and we hera moaning and groaning)

"Cut!"

No resumé...no nerdy rules...no Friday follies...just showing our friends who you really are.
Old Fri Sep 24, 2004, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
...and "Action!"

(Evil laugh-offscreen)

Dr. Wizard: It's alive...breeding a chicken and a jackass, bombarding them with high levels of radiation and removing half of the frontal lobe...and yet, it lives! (Evil cackle)

Dr. Wizard: Aaahhh, my precious little Altar Boy. We will have such fun together. Others will call you hideous names, but to me, you will always be..."Mini Me!"

(Lightning cracks as the scene fades to black. Cheesy music swells and we hera moaning and groaning)

"Cut!"

No resumé...no nerdy rules...no Friday follies...just showing our friends who you really are.
You've been drinking again, Windy. Your writing is incomprehensible, AGAIN! If you think you're funny, you're the only one that's laughing. The rest of us are amazed that an old man resorts to middle school humor.
Old Fri Sep 24, 2004, 04:21pm

Roger Ebert, you're not. I got 4 stars from several people that emailed me privately. It's too bad you are not on the list, I enjoy our moments together. By the way, I'm probably younger than you. Being a grandparent doesn't mean I'm AARP eligible. It just means that I married young and so did at least one of my offspring. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Popcorn, anyone?
Old Fri Sep 24, 2004, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
...and "Action!"

(Evil laugh-offscreen)

"Cut!"

Thanks for the laugh...you know, I do believe you are almost as much a smarta$$ as HHH.
and yes, I am here as much for the entertainment as the educatumum. Sorry I am a public school grajeate.

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass
Old Sat Sep 25, 2004, 07:59am
Official Forum Member

While the unnecessary name calling and one upsmanship gets old, if your going to resort to it, atleast make it good.

Windy's post was probably one of the more creative flames I've read on the internet in a long time. Unnecessary, but damn funny!
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Sat Sep 25, 2004, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

but damn funny!

I'll bet you like Pauly Shore movies too, right?
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 05:59am
Official Forum Member

Pauly Shore is annoying. Some of Adam Sandler's work though is amusing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Atl Blue
but damn funny!

I'll bet you like Pauly Shore movies too, right?
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Tue Sep 28, 2004, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Comic Relief

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaliix
Pauly Shore is annoying. Some of Adam Sandler's work though is amusing.

You have got to be kidding! Both of them are more annoying that hemorrhoids. Now Jim Carrey is funny.

WCB, I thought that the "Frankenstein" bit was very funny.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 03:00pm

Thank you...but it's Frânk - en - schteen.

I ain't got no body...
I ain't got no body...
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

I know--- Young Frankenstein.
Old Wed Sep 29, 2004, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Culture?

Nice to see that between the sports talk and personal bashing going on, that we also have a little culture (and I mean a very little) on this site!!

LOL
Old Sat Apr 29, 2006, 10:43pm

Bring Back Windy

SERENITY NOW

SERENITY NOW
Closed Thread