View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 23, 2004, 12:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down Big Dogs??

This is all the very reason I asked the question a bunch of months ago about "Big Dogs" on the other site. You have a bunch of people that claim to work some of the top levels in baseball and now they are questioning each others schedules and accomplishments, without meeting each other and without knowing each other. It is quite humorous if you ask me. Instead of just disagreeing or understanding that things change as you cross regions to some extent, they question each other's integrity and their competence as umpires. Not based on what they see the person do on the field, but over the internet. So a 300 pound official could question a 198 muscular umpire and his ability and we would never know either way.

I would pray and hope when and if I ever accomplish the level I always want, that I can give back more to the game than what people are doing here. Maybe you guys are at the top of your game, but you are not giving back to it by ripping each other when folks are just trying to learn. You should have your hand out to pull your fellow officials up. I was just at a football meeting this past Tuesday and there were 4 extremely accomplished officials talking. All of them were legends in my area and they were hoping that they could lift up others to be at the level they had once worked. It was clear they wanted to give back to those that were not big time. I just think it is sad that those that call themselves "Big Dogs" are more worried about the title than what they contribute to the game.

Peace