View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 24, 2004, 11:51am

Some of the things you say or true. I am a bit thinskinned on this board. But I believe it is not that I cannot handle criticism, I think it is in the way it is delivered.

Please think back to your childhood. Did Mom and Dad insult you or did Mom and Dad guide you. If you were a respectful child that wanted to learn, I am quite sure that "tough love" was not one of your parents avenues of learning.
––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––––––––––––––––––– –––––––

My Mom and Dad didn't know that they were raising an official. Otherwise they could have toughened me up a bit and prevented the pain of my early years behind the dish.

In life, if you take a stance and find opposition, you have a couple of choices. Stand your ground and defend yourself or turn tail. If the former is your preference, you should be prepared for any battle that follows. We've all done this with our kids. I have no quarrel with either choice. Just be pepared for others to disagree and be as strong in their convictions as you are.

I'm not sure where your reference to being worried about a fan came from - it wasn't in my post. I said that half of those present will love your call and half will hate it. But, don't pretend that you've never ben influenced one way or the other by a boisterous crowd. Even the legends admit that they've let some things slide or been adamant about "punishing" an unruly bunch. You may not do it consciously, but if you've just kicked one and another close play happens, exactly the same way, you will be influenced.