The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Call me, I'd loooooove to work the table!

I'd give you some pointers during the game.....whether you want to hear them or not!
LMAO I'll just give the visiting team all the Ts then j/k
Old Mon Nov 15, 2010, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
I was both asking & answering questions.

As soon as I can get things better with my knee, I am looking at joining the ranks of Floor Officials.

My wife is wanting to become a floor official as well.

So now you're a Brontosaurus instead of a Tyrannosaurus Rex?
Last at bat you struck out swinging. This at bat is not going so well either.

I see you are still getting things wrong. You see, a Brontosaurus never existed. That creature you refer to was the body of an apatosaurus and the head and feet of a camarasaurus. The head used was actually found many miles away. That's the way paleontologists do things to prove evolution. If they do not have an integral part they will GENERALLY just add something they have laying around that seems to look right. By saying GENERALLY I really mean MOST OF THE TIME.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2010, 07:15am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl H. Long View Post
I see you are still getting things wrong. You see, a Brontosaurus never existed. That creature you refer to was the body of an apatosaurus and the head and feet of a camarasaurus. The head used was actually found many miles away. That's the way paleontologists do things to prove evolution. If they do not have an integral part they will GENERALLY just add something they have laying around that seems to look right. By saying GENERALLY I really mean MOST OF THE TIME.
Ah. Now I know where I got the "body by Arnold" combined with the face of an angel.

Thanks, Preacher.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2010, 07:41am
Esteemed Forum Member

On The Shoulders Of Giants ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl H. Long View Post
That's the way paleontologists do things to prove evolution.
Guess who fixed it? Scientists. That's how science, and the scientific method, works. Scientists come up with hypotheses, peer review occurs, and other scientists correct incorrect hypotheses.

"Brontosaurus" skeletons were constructed during a time when various museums were competing for customers, and funding, so it was a race to come up with the best fossil displays. Mistakes were made because many scientists acted more like P.T. Barnum, and Indiana Jones, than like true scientists. Not a proud moment for science, but it did generate a lot of interest in dinosaurs. Here in Connecticut, the Peabody Museum, one of those museums in the "race", finally put the correct head on our Apatosaurus several years ago. And they didn't do it in secret, in the middle of the night. It was a big deal, covered by the media, a teachable moment.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)