Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 16, 2002, 09:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
[/B]
Hey,what's going on here?Now you're making fun of ME?Well,to HECK with you,Chuck!I now agree with Mark!
[/B][/QUOTE]

Now, now. I'm not making fun of anybody. Well, almost anybody. But what I really was thinking about was Dana Carvey on Saturday Night Live years ago when he used to come on the news segment as the "Grumpy Old Man" and tell everybody how awful things were in his day. And it always ended up bloody or with a stump where your hand (wrist) used to be. It was silly, but Carvey always makes me laugh.

Chuck

P.S. -- Plus we had to run upcourt. . . uphill!! Both ways!!
Old Sun Feb 17, 2002, 05:20am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
P.S. -- Plus we had to run upcourt. . . uphill!! Both ways!! [/B]
Feels like that NOW(sigh)!
Old Sun Feb 17, 2002, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Chuck, I too am surprised at the direction of this thread. I would have thought the real question would be if the "T" should have been called. Sorry, I have no imput on the Hand/Wrist controversy.

I think there are times that a coach "earns" a tech by his/her constant chirping throughout the game. You could have warned the coach prior to the "T", but I don't think it is always necessary. Earlier this year I had a similar sitch where a coach complained about every-other call. He really was not questioning my partner's or my integrety. He was not using profanity, but, even though he had been warned, he just never shut up. Late in the 4th as I am reporting a TO he comes walking toward me and making gestures. I can't hear what is being said, but enough already, WHACK! On it's own this may or may not have waranted the "T", but IMO it was the sum of his act that earned it.

Mike