Thread: T-worthy?
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2002, 11:53pm
Official Forum Member

by the way mark, "the flow of the game" is very important. us calling the appropriate calls is very important as well. if it is not an obviuos foul and if it is not obvious who touched the ball last-this is game management. it is not to be used on every play, but for the sake of the occasional play that is difficult to judge an official has his options open. gary z. used this same play tonite (wizards at kings) popeye jones bumped webber and they both touched the ball ABOUT the same(though webber touched it last) as it went out of bounds, what did Z. do? he gave the ball to webber, thus preventing a "game interuptor" he put the ball in play quickly and moved on and noone b1tched about it. this is something you may want to incorperate into your game! it could possibly be better for the game instead of calling cheap fouls.

though i do not agree with the tech given to the coach i would personally try to explain to him my thought process or ignore him.

another thing, just because a coach is out of his coaching box it is not an immediate technical. the box is a guideline for us to use to control coach behavior when it is out of line. if a coach is out of his box(not 20 ft on the floor) coaching his team, who gives a sh1t. its when he is out of box b1tching at us is when a tech should be called. even then he does not have to be in the box to get one of them. use the box as a tool for controlling volatile coaches. dont whack every time he gets out of the box.

i'm done whining now