Thread: T-worthy?
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2002, 07:12am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I am tired of officials who do not want to do the job that were hired to do. If you do not want to officate correctly, do not officiate. I rarely take the side of coaches, but this is one time I am going to take Coach B's side. You claimed that he had been chipping at you all night and then you delibertly make an incorrect call so you do not have to swith and be on his side of the court, and then long distance T him because yelled at you in a non-threatening manner. The only thing that saved you tuckus regarding the technical foul is that Coach B was out of the coaching box. You bet I am going to rip you a new hole in your tuckus Chuck. Do the job correctly the first time and you would not have to make a posting to get your ego stroked about the T you are having second thoughts about calling.

I do not want to hear about flow of the game and about not being lazy. When you do not do the job correctly it is being lazy. John Cloughty (YSU alumni like me, go Penquins) says that there is not such thing as a "gut" call, either you make the call or you do not. Peter Webb (IAABO President) says much the same thing when he states that there is not such thing as a "no call," either you make the call or you do not. Peter also says that the officials job is to observe the play and when an infraction occurs stop play and issue the appropriate penalty. [/B]
Let me see if I got this right,Mark.Your basic premise is,that if it is in the book,ya gotta call it.Then you say that the only thing that saved Mark's butt on the T was that the coach was out of the box.That would certainly imply to me that YOU wouldn't call that particular T if the coach was in the box.Please note,from Chuck's post,that the coach was STANDING AND YELLING HIS DISAGREEMENT AT THE OFFICIAL besides being out of the box.I can't find anything in the book that says it is OK to yell at an official in a non-threatening manner.Strictly from the book,he has to be T'd under R10-4-1a,R10-4-1b,R10-4-1e,R10-4-1f and R-10-5.Aren't you violating our own original premise here by ignoring the coach standing and questioning the call?I think Peter and John would be very mad at you.
Btw,in certain situations I wouldn't call the foul in Chuck's case,either.I've done exactly as he did.Take your best shot!