Thread: T-worthy?
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2002, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
You claimed that he had been chipping at you all night and then you delibertly make an incorrect call so you do not have to swith and be on his side of the court, and then long distance T him because yelled at you in a non-threatening manner.
Ok, Mark, I get it. We disagree. You don't like the call. Fine. But I'm not going to let you get away with saying that I made the call so that I could avoid a switch. I made the call b/c I thought it was the right call. If I had decided that it was a foul, then I would have gladly -- joyfully, cheerfully -- switched positions with my partner. I am NOT one of these officials who says in pregame "No long switches". Ok? Have I made my point? The switch had nothing whatsoever to do with my call. Move on.

I never said that I wanted to avoid the switch. I only said that the switch was one difference between the foul and the OOB violation. I never said what you think I said. I never even implied what you inferred. Please don't bring up your erroneous assumption again.

Additionally, what's the "long distance" crack for? He yelled at me from across the court. What do you want me to do? Run over to him so he can whisper in my ear, and then T him up? I honestly don't get the point. If everybody in the gym heard him, then isn't that one of the main justifications for assessing a T?

Quote:
When you do not do the job correctly it is being lazy.
This isn't even close to being true. Sometimes a person is just wrong, Mark. Maybe I was just wrong. I'll admit it's possible. But it's not b/c I was lazy. When you miss a rotation in 3-man, you're not doing your "job" correctly. But is it b/c you're lazy? Probably not. Probably you were a little too focused in on your primary and not in tune with your partners.

Your horse seems to be pretty tall these days, Mark. Join us on the ground once in a while.

Chuck