Thread: T-worthy?
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2002, 02:20pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
Lets see, the players, coaches, supervisors, and officials in the conferences I work prefer not calling a foul in this type of play. In fact they teach it this way in camps. Which means the conference wants the game officiated this way. As the old saying goes, "right or wrong the boss is still the boss".

Your reasoning for not calling a foul is what is wrong with the game today. B1 hacks A1 on the wrist and the ball goes out of bounds. Give the ball to A1 with not foul. That is pure nonsense. And teaching such nonsense in camps is horse manure. We have too many people who only care about what fans think about and making a buck (camp owners) than what is good for the game. The boss is not right in this case. We have too many officials now-a-days who are afraid to stand up and say: "Wait a minute Nelly! This is nonsense." But as long as officials will not stand up against this nonsense then we will have this type of contact not being called and the game will go to hell in a hand basket.

You guys can continue with this nonsense but if you officiate a game with me and let allow the play in the original posting I will find it hard to bail out your sorry tuckus. Not calling fouls because you do not want to interrupt the "flow" of the game is HORSE MANURE!

I teach new officials every year and I do a good job teaching them the rules, fundamentals of mechanics, and the fundamentals of how to apply the rules. Officials who promote this nonsense as presented by some in this thread do a diservice to the game and our profession.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio