The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 15, 2007, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Tim Duncan - double T

Holy crap...

I wonder what Duncan said....both times.....
Old Sun Apr 15, 2007, 05:09pm
M.A.S.H.

I'm guessing he wasn't inviting him out to dinner after the game!
Old Sun Apr 15, 2007, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
Joey is a hothead. That was ridiculous. It was actually a pretty good game until the best player on the team got kicked out. It wasn't worth watching after that. He should ignore the laughing. Tim Duncan wasn't even on the floor at the time. Apparently Joey Crawford challenged Tim Duncan to a fight. If I was Duncan's size and Crawford challenged me to a fight, I would be laughing too! Hasn't Crawford had to go to anger management before? He does have quite a temper.

Last edited by dave30; Sun Apr 15, 2007 at 09:07pm.
Old Sun Apr 15, 2007, 11:15pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave30
Joey is a hothead. That was ridiculous. It was actually a pretty good game until the best player on the team got kicked out. It wasn't worth watching after that. He should ignore the laughing. Tim Duncan wasn't even on the floor at the time. Apparently Joey Crawford challenged Tim Duncan to a fight. If I was Duncan's size and Crawford challenged me to a fight, I would be laughing too! Hasn't Crawford had to go to anger management before? He does have quite a temper.
Apparently Crawford has a different story. According to him, there was more to it than laughing on the bench, including Duncan supposedly calling him a "piece of sh!t".

There's always two sides to any story, and sometimes the truth is in-between.

The bottom line though is "who cares?". It's the NBA. It's unwatchable any imo.
Old Sun Apr 15, 2007, 11:26pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I sure as he!! hope you brought your own toilet paper to use after crapping on an official like this. Also, you need to clean up after yourself now.
Old Sun Apr 15, 2007, 11:51pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Apparently Crawford has a different story. According to him, there was more to it than laughing on the bench, including Duncan supposedly calling him a "piece of sh!t".

There's always two sides to any story, and sometimes the truth is in-between.

The bottom line though is "who cares?". It's the NBA. It's unwatchable any imo.
Bingo...I completely agree.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 02:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
Duncan should be fined. He called Crawford a piece of **** on the way out after being ejected. Crawford let his temper get the best of him in my opinion. How am I crapping on another official? We all make mistakes sometimes. I just thought Joey was way too quick with the toss this time. I would bet Joey would probably choose to ignore the laughing if he had a chance to do it over now that he is cooled off.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 02:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
From the looks of every one's faces, they were shocked by what he said and did. The foul that Duncan received the technical for earlier was a terrible call even by NBA standards. I think he was just trying to get on Mark Cuban's good side.
Didn't see the game, saw the replay with Duncan laughing and don't have much sympathy for him - he should learn to ignore the officials and focus on the game... always be a disappointing side to Duncan, imo. Go Spurs!!
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 05:26am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
I think he was just trying to get on Mark Cuban's good side.
You were OK up until the slur. You can question his judgment. If you question his integrity, you're over the line. It is neither appreciated or tolerated on an officials' web site.

Iow, piss off, fanboy, and don't come back.

Don't take that personally though.....
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 05:37am
In Memoriam

Quote:
I would bet Joey would probably choose to ignore the laughing if he had a chance to do it over now that he is cooled off.
You bet, eh? How do you know what he would do? Were you there and heard every single word that was said? Did you talk to Crawford before making that statement? How do you really know that both technical fouls weren't completely deserved and Crawford was completely right to take care of bidness?

Most officials learn that they have to get the facts before they make a call. We're not supposed to guess. Some officials never learn that, unfortunately.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 06:10am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
I sure as he!! hope you brought your own toilet paper to use after crapping on an official like this. Also, you need to clean up after yourself now.
LOL....just another self-admitted Spurs fanboy, Snaqs. You can't expect anything else from him, like maybe fairness.... integrity....you know, little things that you might expect from an official, but not a fanboy.

http://forum.officiating.com/showthr...786#post337786
http://forum.officiating.com/showthr...605#post313605
http://forum.officiating.com/showthr...912#post310912
http://forum.officiating.com/showthr...743#post310743

There's more, but that sample should do it. You know what you're dealing with now. NCAA fanboy season is over and the NBA fanboy season has officially begun.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
You were OK up until the slur. You can question his judgment. If you question his integrity, you're over the line. It is neither appreciated or tolerated on an officials' web site.

Iow, piss off, fanboy, and don't come back.

Don't take that personally though.....

Just curious….
I can’t fault anyone for trying to make an extra buck but when that person does something they know is wrong; they then hide it until someone else (in this case another NBA ref) exposes a consciousness effort by them and others to evade paying taxes; they agree to a felony, pay a fine, and serve (albeit under house arrest) a sentence for the offense…

-is integrity a word that easily rolls off your tongue in defense of that person?

It seems that using the ‘f’ word (fanboy) the best argument some can offer to rebut questions and postings on this site?

I realize the sanctity of ‘an officials website’ is held either just above or below God and Country (based on the emotions used and number of postings), but a couple of really smart people from completely different sides of the spectrum said two things that really have a lot in common.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Rudeness and personal attacks are the weak person’s imitation of strength.

My background and love of basketball keep me officiating… my business allows me to have season tickets in back of the Spurs bench and occassionally allows me to travel to another city to watch a game. I was at the game in question and could not tell what was said. I think for the most part, only two people really know the facts of the incident.

But it was just an NBA basketball game – and at times it seems that the NBA and basketball are an oxymoron that serve different purposes.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkbball
It seems that using the ‘f’ word (fanboy) the best argument some can offer to rebut questions and postings on this site?
JMK,

It's not that it's the best argument there is, it's that what the poster is looking for is not a well-reasoned, rational response, they just want to vent about their team getting crapped on. Now, I did not see the incident in question, but here's how I might suggest that people keep from getting labeled as fanboys in the future.

In this situation, poster said:

Quote:
I might suggest something more as follows:

Quote:
Yeah, I couldn't really see what happened other than Duncan laughing, does anyone else know what might have happened? Or was Crawford just a little quick with the T?
Asking questions about a situation will get you a lot further than simply crapping on the official. It's the immediately crapping on an official that gets you the fanboy label. If you come here with a legitimate question, you'll most likely get some answers, but if you come out of the gate crapping on the official, even if there might be a legitimate question hidden underneath it all, you're like to get ignored.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 11:53am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkbball
Just curious….
1) is integrity a word that easily rolls off your tongue in defense of that person?

2)It seems that using the ‘f’ word (fanboy) the best argument some can offer to rebut questions and postings on this site?

3) my business allows me to have season tickets in back of the Spurs bench and occassionally allows me to travel to another city to watch a game.
Yes, when it comes intimating that an official is deliberately favoring one team over another, and also when it comes to slurring an official without knowing all the facts.

2) The word "fanboy" seems to comfortably fit all the whining, crybaby, moronic mopes that come here not to ask about a rule or a call but only to dump on an official.

3) Gee, why aren't I surprised, fanboy?
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

As a Mavs fan and one that has been highly critical of NBA officials, let me say this: in handing out Ts, I think they do a halfway decent job. In years past, they have (in my view) clearly let things go from the star players in the league and busted the "little guys." Now, they are engaging in equal opportunity whacking. Dirk got one earlier in the season (2-3 weeks ago) and I'm sure he deserved it.

I've got serious complaints with the way the NBA is officiated, but I also think that if JC threw someone out, they deserved to get thrown out. He's not going to throw a star out of the game and risk getting yelled at by the league unless the star deserved it. He's not dumb. On the other hand, apparantly, Duncan is!
Closed Thread