View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkbball
It seems that using the ‘f’ word (fanboy) the best argument some can offer to rebut questions and postings on this site?
JMK,

It's not that it's the best argument there is, it's that what the poster is looking for is not a well-reasoned, rational response, they just want to vent about their team getting crapped on. Now, I did not see the incident in question, but here's how I might suggest that people keep from getting labeled as fanboys in the future.

In this situation, poster said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave30
Joey is a hothead. That was ridiculous. It was actually a pretty good game until the best player on the team got kicked out. It wasn't worth watching after that. He should ignore the laughing. Tim Duncan wasn't even on the floor at the time. Apparently Joey Crawford challenged Tim Duncan to a fight. If I was Duncan's size and Crawford challenged me to a fight, I would be laughing too! Hasn't Crawford had to go to anger management before? He does have quite a temper.
I might suggest something more as follows:

Quote:
Yeah, I couldn't really see what happened other than Duncan laughing, does anyone else know what might have happened? Or was Crawford just a little quick with the T?
Asking questions about a situation will get you a lot further than simply crapping on the official. It's the immediately crapping on an official that gets you the fanboy label. If you come here with a legitimate question, you'll most likely get some answers, but if you come out of the gate crapping on the official, even if there might be a legitimate question hidden underneath it all, you're like to get ignored.