Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:12am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx
First not a fan of the NBA(don't like the product or the officiating)I was watching the game with my Dad who is a NBA fan. I played college basketball & I'm now a college football official. The foul on Duncan was a TERRIBLE call. Next it appeared that Duncan only said "I got fouled" & joey T'd him up. Next the call that joey made that triggered the "laugh" was also a questionable call. The second T was downright horrible. For anyonw on here to defend joey for the second T is a dumbaxx. Stop defending officials for anything they do. People make mistakes, get emotional & do things they wish they hadn't.
I would say I have a large dislike of Duncan(not hate but close). He did not do anything to get the second T. How is laughing on the bench 50 or 60 feet away from the call a T? He didn't look at joey, he wasnt showing him up. joey should be fined & not work any of the spurs playoff games.
ANYONE ON HERE DEFENDING JOEY IS A STRIPE WEARING JACKAXX!
Piss off, fanboy. You don't have a clue either what was actually said out there. I thought we got rid of you after you made such a jerk out of yourself whining about the officials in the Texas A&M game. Btw, you told us back then that you were a certified basketball official. Now you've dramatically morphed into a college football official too. What else? Umpiring the World Series this year?

It sureashell is the jerkoff season. They're coming out of the woodwork now.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 08:02am

We don't know what triggered Joey reaction but I can tell this for sure. I think Joey out did himself here. It seems like this was something personal. Something going on off-court that spilled over to the court, and Joey got the last word. What's interesting about this dilemma that Joey and the rest of us are in, is what will the NBA or official supervisors do with Joey.

To me, anything short of sitting his a$$ down for the rest of the playoff's is unacceptable,

I find it amazing that in an auditorium packed with fans, that Joey could even hear Tim from his position on the bench and Tim wasn't screaming at him. We could tell he wasn't screaming from his facial expression. Not to mention that Tim could have been taking about something completely different that what Joey thought he hear.

Bottom line, everyone makes mistakes. , Joey made a mistake. The only thing I care about is they pay for their mistakes just like I had to pay for mind. If they don't get the same punishment that I got when I made mistakes that was far less than what these individuals did, then we got a problem.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Tue Apr 17, 2007 at 08:27am.
Closed Thread