The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 12:41pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkbball
-is integrity a word that easily rolls off your tongue in defense of that person?
Without regard to this particular official's tax history, the post that brought JR's response was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
From the looks of every one's faces, they were shocked by what he said and did. The foul that Duncan received the technical for earlier was a terrible call even by NBA standards. I think he was just trying to get on Mark Cuban's good side.
Now, that part it red is a direct attack on the official's on-court integrity, and is a direct accusation of cheating.
I'm not going to defend any officials off-court integrity unless I know him or her personally. However, without evidence to the contrary, most of us aren't going to sit back and watch officials' on-court integrity get challenged.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 01:14pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Just curious….

-is integrity a word that easily rolls off your tongue in defense of that person?

It seems that using the ‘f’ word (fanboy) the best argument some can offer to rebut questions and postings on this site?

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Rudeness and personal attacks are the weak person’s imitation of strength.

my business allows me to have season tickets in back of the Spurs bench and occassionally allows me to travel to another city to watch a game.
So...attacking Crawford's integrity is not a personal attack? Saying that someone who refers to others as fanboys is sincerely ignorant is not a personal attack? Do you have a weak mind? After all, that's what you said rudeness shows...

Conscientious stupidity??? Is that when someone admits they are a fan of a certain team and then gripes about the officials doing "their" team's games?? Isn't conscientious stupidity the same thing as being a fanboy??

Katie bar the doors - it's NBA play-off time again...
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 02:08pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Katie bar the doors - it's NBA play-off time again...
Stoopid monkeys.....
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 02:53pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I suppose sarcasm escapes you. You threw out the word integrity. Glad to see you are so politically correct as you throw out accusations. You have made more out of than it needs to be.
You said he may have made the call to get on Cuban's good side. A simple "I was joking," would have sufficed. The "sarcasm" appeared to escape a lot of folks.

Sarcasm usually works best among those who are familiar with you. Otherwise, a few hints of your intent might be helpful.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

I'll never understand how anyone can get upset over anything in the NBA. IMO, it is entertainment first, a contest 2nd. The officials are probably the best in the world at calling games using NBA RULES AND MECHANICS. I gave up watching because, overall, I don't like the product.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 03:17pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmanwalking
I'll never understand how anyone can get upset over anything in the NBA. IMO, it is entertainment first, a contest 2nd. The officials are probably the best in the world at calling games using NBA RULES AND MECHANICS. I gave up watching because, overall, I don't like the product.
Neither do very many other people...heard one of those radio guys on ESPN (Cowherd I think) saying that the NBA tv market shares are way down again this year...
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 05:21pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
That we only see and read what we want to. Did the girls go into the press conference dressed like they did when they played Tennessee?
This is a BFO (Blinding Flash of the Obvious) and a gratuitous non sequiter.

Michael Jordan didn't go to press conferences dressed for a game. I've never seen a Steve Nash press conference, but I'll bet he looks significantly less greasy when he gets there. What these women look like is irrelevant to Imus' comments, and showing up to a press conference looking "pretty" wasn't as deceptive as you imply.

Also, I really don't see how it even comes close to being relevant to a discussion of Tim Duncan and NBA refs.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 05:31pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Steven, your deflection was wide of the net.
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 07:15pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
F@ck you, f@ck your bandwagon, f@ck Al Sharpton, f@ck Don Imus.
You left out "stoopid f@cking monkeys".
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

joey

First not a fan of the NBA(don't like the product or the officiating)I was watching the game with my Dad who is a NBA fan. I played college basketball & I'm now a college football official. The foul on Duncan was a TERRIBLE call. Next it appeared that Duncan only said "I got fouled" & joey T'd him up. Next the call that joey made that triggered the "laugh" was also a questionable call. The second T was downright horrible. For anyonw on here to defend joey for the second T is a dumbaxx. Stop defending officials for anything they do. People make mistakes, get emotional & do things they wish they hadn't.
I would say I have a large dislike of Duncan(not hate but close). He did not do anything to get the second T. How is laughing on the bench 50 or 60 feet away from the call a T? He didn't look at joey, he wasnt showing him up. joey should be fined & not work any of the spurs playoff games.
ANYONE ON HERE DEFENDING JOEY IS A STRIPE WEARING JACKAXX!
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Holy crap....what did I start here?

BTW - is there any confirmation that Crawford challenged Duncan to fight?

Or is Duncan being his usual whiny self?
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 12:37am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx
First not a fan of the NBA(don't like the product or the officiating)I was watching the game with my Dad who is a NBA fan. I played college basketball & I'm now a college football official. The foul on Duncan was a TERRIBLE call. Next it appeared that Duncan only said "I got fouled" & joey T'd him up. Next the call that joey made that triggered the "laugh" was also a questionable call. The second T was downright horrible. For anyonw on here to defend joey for the second T is a dumbaxx. Stop defending officials for anything they do. People make mistakes, get emotional & do things they wish they hadn't.
I would say I have a large dislike of Duncan(not hate but close). He did not do anything to get the second T. How is laughing on the bench 50 or 60 feet away from the call a T? He didn't look at joey, he wasnt showing him up. joey should be fined & not work any of the spurs playoff games.
ANYONE ON HERE DEFENDING JOEY IS A STRIPE WEARING JACKAXX!

Dumbaxx???someone's been tipping the bottle a little bit too much tonight...but ok, I'll play along. Go back and read the whole thread again - nobody defended any call that was made. What people around here get sick and tired of is dumbaxxes that come on this board and make dumbaxx statements like "It appeared that Duncan only..." and then rip on the official. You haven't got a dumbaxx clue what was actually said and have no dumbaxx idea whether Duncan did or said anything to get the second T...do people get emotional? Yep - you obviously did here...do officials - even NBA officials - make mistakes? Yep, and we around here love to discuss and learn from those mistakes (our own included)...but quite a few of us around here take a dim view of people who come on this OFFICIALS DISCUSSION BOARD and bash officials...we would rather that those people go to fanboy sites where they belong. So while I won't defend any call that Joey Crawford made, I can tell you that you don't know what was said on that court, and you obviously didn't read this thread very carefully before posting those dumbaxx comments.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx
How is laughing on the bench 50 or 60 feet away from the call a T? He didn't look at joey, he wasnt showing him up.
Showing him up is exactly what Duncan doing. Duncan habitually sets a poor example with regards to responding to calls, but he generally keeps it toned down enough to avoid technicals - the incredulous scowl is too familiar on his face. If Crawford was out of line then I'm sure he will get his ear filled by the appropriate people, but for Duncan to carry on like that is a sorry example.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
The word "fanboy" seems to comfortably fit all the whining, crybaby, moronic mopes that come here not to ask about a rule or a call but only to dump on an official.
Do you not have any teams that you yourself are a fan of? Enjoying the game as a fan is part of loving the game and when you are an official who is watching the game you are going to have an opinion on their performance. You are applying your moronic comments to another official.
Quote:
Rudeness and personal attacks are the weak person’s imitation of strength.
Yep.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:07am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjenning
Do you not have any teams that you yourself are a fan of? Enjoying the game as a fan is part of loving the game and when you are an official who is watching the game you are going to have an opinion on their performance. You are applying your moronic comments to another official.
Yes, jk, I'm a big fan of some teams. That doesn't mean that I'm gonna crap on the officials in that sport. I realize that there isn't an official in the world that hasn't, and also won't make a bad call sometime. There's nothing the matter with critiquing an official's call, but when you also question that official's integrity or sense of fairness, then you're way out of line. You can tell me that an official missed a call, but if you tell me that the official missed that call on purpose, then you very simply deserve everything that you get.

Idiotic fanboys don't understand the difference and never will.

There are also officials that I'd go to war with after reading their thoughts on this site. Believe me, you are sureashell not one of 'em. Your comments don't surprise me one bit either. If anything, I expected that you wouldn't get it also. Congratulations! You didn't disappoint me.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Apr 17, 2007 at 02:28am.
Closed Thread