View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
You were OK up until the slur. You can question his judgment. If you question his integrity, you're over the line. It is neither appreciated or tolerated on an officials' web site.

Iow, piss off, fanboy, and don't come back.

Don't take that personally though.....

Just curious….
I can’t fault anyone for trying to make an extra buck but when that person does something they know is wrong; they then hide it until someone else (in this case another NBA ref) exposes a consciousness effort by them and others to evade paying taxes; they agree to a felony, pay a fine, and serve (albeit under house arrest) a sentence for the offense…

-is integrity a word that easily rolls off your tongue in defense of that person?

It seems that using the ‘f’ word (fanboy) the best argument some can offer to rebut questions and postings on this site?

I realize the sanctity of ‘an officials website’ is held either just above or below God and Country (based on the emotions used and number of postings), but a couple of really smart people from completely different sides of the spectrum said two things that really have a lot in common.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Rudeness and personal attacks are the weak person’s imitation of strength.

My background and love of basketball keep me officiating… my business allows me to have season tickets in back of the Spurs bench and occassionally allows me to travel to another city to watch a game. I was at the game in question and could not tell what was said. I think for the most part, only two people really know the facts of the incident.

But it was just an NBA basketball game – and at times it seems that the NBA and basketball are an oxymoron that serve different purposes.