The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.17 average. Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 01:05pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Look it up. Ron Jeremy hit .300 for the Mariners in 1992. Without using a bat either. He used.....nevermind.
Yep...batting right behind Ken Griffey, Jr. if you know what I mean...one of the many reasons he was injured so often!
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Move over steroids. Here comes Jason Grimsley and his HGH.
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Wow. Chuck, you never cease to amaze me with your steely concentration. Your ability to keep this off-topic thread on-topic in the face of every attempt to derail it is just short of amazing. And I admire that. Because if it was up to me, I would've just handled it as follows:

Ron Jeremy, eh?

Oh, yea, speaking of wood, can anybody get some of that HGH that Grimsley is using to help Kerry heal faster?

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 02:35pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
This one could get real interesting if some names get leaked, like the BALCO situation. Apparently he's already implicated quite a few others, from what I've read.

Btw, imagine Ron Jeremy on steroids and HGH.
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Wow. Chuck, you never cease to amaze me with your steely concentration. Your ability to keep this off-topic thread on-topic in the face of every attempt to derail it is just short of amazing.
Being just short is what Chuck does.
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 04:01pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Oh, yea, speaking of wood, can anybody get some of that HGH that Grimsley is using to help Kerry heal faster?
Looks like ol' Kerry is a-heading for the DL again.....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/wood07.html

What a surprise.....
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Looks like ol' Kerry is a-heading for the DL again.....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/wood07.html

What a surprise.....
Yep.

Death, taxes, the sun rises in the east, the bear sh!ts in the woods, and Wood has a sore shoulder.

Definites in life.

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Boston avoided a sweep at the hands of the Yankees today by employing their best tactic -- praying for RAIN!
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Boston avoided a sweep at the hands of the Yankees today by employing their best tactic -- praying for RAIN!
No way. That was the OTHER Boston team. Spahn and Sain and pray for rain!
Old Thu Jun 08, 2006, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No way. That was the OTHER Boston team. Spahn and Sain and pray for rain!
Oh, maybe I got them confused with the Boddicker-and-Clemens-and-two-guys-who-suck-lemons team.
Old Thu Jun 08, 2006, 05:09pm
In Memoriam

Gary Sheffield to go under the knife.....gone until probably September now at the best. Along with Matsui, that's one big pile of ribbies to be missing.

I guess we'll get to see if Melky Cabrera really is legit.
Old Fri Jun 09, 2006, 07:39pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Yep.

Death, taxes, the sun rises in the east, the bear sh!ts in the woods, and Wood has a sore shoulder.

Definites in life.
And in the news today, Kerry Woods is placed on the 15 day DL.

Also, in other news...
Old Sun Jun 11, 2006, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

"South Carolina homered eight times, including a record-tying five in a row (in the second inning), to rout host Georgia 15-6 Saturday in the first game of their NCAA super regional." Pretty amazing.

Also amazing is David Ortiz, who pulled Boston's fat out of the fire with a 2-out, 2-strike 3-run homer in the bottom of the ninth this afternoon. Woo-hoo!!

And former Sox star Nomar Garciaparra is batting .367 for the Dodgers, which is also pretty amazing to me, considering how bad he looked in Chicago. I'm very happy for him. Hope he can keep it going for a full season.

What I didn't know about the Dodgers is that their manager is Grady Little!!! I can see giving him an assistant job, but trusting him with the reins is risky, at best. Wow.

I was listening to the Yankees pre-game radio show yesterday, b/c the Sox were in such a long rain delay. Susan Whats-her-name says, "In a short series, who do you have behind Mussina as a 2nd starter?" I realize that Randy Johnson had a minor meltdown in the fourth inning of his last start, but is he now considered a #3 starter? That would shock me.
Old Sun Jun 11, 2006, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And former Sox star Nomar Garciaparra is batting .367 for the Dodgers, which is also pretty amazing to me, considering how bad he looked in Chicago. I'm very happy for him. Hope he can keep it going for a full season.
I didn't think he looked bad at all; he was just injured quite a bit and didn't play as often. He was still popular while he was there. I was a little disappointed to see him go.

Here's one of those "who figures these things out?" kinda stats - Carlos Marmol had his first major league start for the Cubs (taking the place of Kerry Wood), and had an impressive outing for his first win as well. Well, here's the stat: this was the first time since 1992 the Cubs had 2 starters with the same first name get back-to-back victories. Carlos Zambrano and Carlos Marmol, and Mike Morgan and Mike Harkey in '92.

Ok, I'm going to get some sleep now.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Jun 12, 2006, 09:48am
In Memoriam

Quote:
I was listening to the Yankees pre-game radio show yesterday, b/c the Sox were in such a long rain delay. Susan Whats-her-name says, "In a short series, who do you have behind Mussina as a 2nd starter?" I realize that Randy Johnson had a minor meltdown in the fourth inning of his last start, but is he now considered a #3 starter? That would shock me.
Chien-Ming Wang(or Scotty, as he's called) would be the second starter. Johnson looks like you can stick a fork in him- he's done. He used to scare people- no longer.

The Yanks do have their problems. Both corner outfielders-Matsui and Sheffield- gone, and maybe for the year. Their 4th outfielder-Bubba Crosby- is still on the DL. Johnny Damon is playing with a bad foot, and he throws like a girl anyway. Derek Jeter and Jason Giambi have been hurt and unable to play. A-Rod is aptly named; best player in baseball- my a$$. As for pitching, Tanyon Sturtze is done for the year and Carl Pavano never threw a pitch this year- and won't. Other than that, everything is going fine.

Sigh......

Don't matter to me anyway. I'm off to coach Togo in the World Cup. They reached out to me as the best replacement available. Wish me luck.
Closed Thread