View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 12, 2006, 09:48am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
I was listening to the Yankees pre-game radio show yesterday, b/c the Sox were in such a long rain delay. Susan Whats-her-name says, "In a short series, who do you have behind Mussina as a 2nd starter?" I realize that Randy Johnson had a minor meltdown in the fourth inning of his last start, but is he now considered a #3 starter? That would shock me.
Chien-Ming Wang(or Scotty, as he's called) would be the second starter. Johnson looks like you can stick a fork in him- he's done. He used to scare people- no longer.

The Yanks do have their problems. Both corner outfielders-Matsui and Sheffield- gone, and maybe for the year. Their 4th outfielder-Bubba Crosby- is still on the DL. Johnny Damon is playing with a bad foot, and he throws like a girl anyway. Derek Jeter and Jason Giambi have been hurt and unable to play. A-Rod is aptly named; best player in baseball- my a$$. As for pitching, Tanyon Sturtze is done for the year and Carl Pavano never threw a pitch this year- and won't. Other than that, everything is going fine.

Sigh......

Don't matter to me anyway. I'm off to coach Togo in the World Cup. They reached out to me as the best replacement available. Wish me luck.