View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 11, 2006, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
"South Carolina homered eight times, including a record-tying five in a row (in the second inning), to rout host Georgia 15-6 Saturday in the first game of their NCAA super regional." Pretty amazing.

Also amazing is David Ortiz, who pulled Boston's fat out of the fire with a 2-out, 2-strike 3-run homer in the bottom of the ninth this afternoon. Woo-hoo!!

And former Sox star Nomar Garciaparra is batting .367 for the Dodgers, which is also pretty amazing to me, considering how bad he looked in Chicago. I'm very happy for him. Hope he can keep it going for a full season.

What I didn't know about the Dodgers is that their manager is Grady Little!!! I can see giving him an assistant job, but trusting him with the reins is risky, at best. Wow.

I was listening to the Yankees pre-game radio show yesterday, b/c the Sox were in such a long rain delay. Susan Whats-her-name says, "In a short series, who do you have behind Mussina as a 2nd starter?" I realize that Randy Johnson had a minor meltdown in the fourth inning of his last start, but is he now considered a #3 starter? That would shock me.