The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Smile Happy Thanksgiving

I simply keep restating facts based on two years of the offense and the results regarding lack of injuries, balance of the game, and quoting key people.

Also, I have MANY times referenced both sides of the story when it comes to features about the A-11, and have gone out of my way to SHOW RESPECT to the people who do not like it. And, we have many articles linked/posted on our web site that covers both sides. So what you are saying is again, not true.

It is interesting to note on your end...

If Mr. Brad Cashman (Chairman of the NFHS Rules Committee) had gone on the record and said the A-11 was bad for football and that it was a travesty of the game, wow, can you imagine how some of you would be trumpeting those words?

But now, since the Chairman of the NFHS Rules Committee Did Just the Opposite....now all of the sudden he is only "one guy" and it doesn't matter.

So, let me say it AGAIN for the zillionth time:

"I respect and fully understand that many people like this new offense, and that others do not like it, and that is perfectly OK to be on one side or the other, or indifferent too. There is plenty of room in America for more than one brand of football."

Happy Thanksgiving, KB
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

I'm so looking forward to not having to read this tripe in a few months. One way or the other. Sheesh.
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBryan View Post
There is plenty of room in America for more than one brand of football."

Happy Thanksgiving, KB
You're right, there's always soccer and rugby...

The point you make about not having a serious injury...I'm sorry, that's just a fluke happening then. You can have teams that run the most basic of formations and never have serious injuries, and at the same time you can have a back or receiver running downfield and get brought down by a horse-collar tackle, and severely mess up your legs, regardless of what original formation was used at the beginning of play.
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 02:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Kurt is trying to sell everyone on this offense, because he is in it for the money. He has tapes and videos for sale to promote this offense. I did not want to say that earlier, but it is more and more clear to me the more and more he talks about the legality of this issue. That is why he references the same sales pitch on every website and gives the same quotes. Then he accuses everyone of giving only their “opinion” when they reference other comments that contradict his position. He does not care about if the offense is good or bad for the game. He only cares that he makes money off of this. Who else sends testimonials about some crack study that it makes the game safer? Usually to have a study accepted, it has to be researched for much more than a 2 year period and you consider many other possible factors. You cannot just assume that only one factor is keeping players safe. We also have more field turf, better equipment, more emphasis on illegal hits (even the NFL has done a much better job of awareness) and probably better coaching techniques across the board. All of these things are factors in injuries and probably many other things I cannot even think of right now.

Kurt keeps repeating that (one person) off the NF Committee says, when there is probably more to their comments and other committee members have expressed concern publicly. I think he believes we are all stupid at this point. He also ignores that many states took a position they would outlaw the offense and these are voting members into the NF process and they could influence the position the committee members will vote on. I have not heard this much buzz about any rules change and the rules somehow change. I could be wrong, but I see the rule being changed in the next couple of years. The only reason it will not be changed now, is because the NF Football Committee will not know how to change the rule, similarly to other college or pro rules that have been adopted in recent years. Or they may deem there are not enough schools using the offense that this makes much of a difference to change this rule.

Peace
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 03:42pm
Ref Ump Welsch

I was looking at the diagram of the A-11 offense in one of the links on this board, and to me, the alignment isn't that much different than the lonesome polecat offense I had read about in the past. Matter of fact, I've seen a version of this in 8-man football, and it's not that hard to officiate, just so long the offense meets the requirement of 5 men on the line.
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Could an moderator retitle this thread and start a new one for other possible rule changes beyond the scrimmage kick formation exception?

I like no LOD & 15 yards for OPI or LOD & 5 yards.
Extend 8.2.2. to include carry over for USC on either team on scoring plays.
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 03:48pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
I was looking at the diagram of the A-11 offense in one of the links on this board, and to me, the alignment isn't that much different than the lonesome polecat offense I had read about in the past. Matter of fact, I've seen a version of this in 8-man football, and it's not that hard to officiate, just so long the offense meets the requirement of 5 men on the line.
The part that makes it trickey is that none of the players will assume an initial position on the LOS until right before the snap. They shift, pause for the required second and then go. If they're all wearing eligible numbers, that can make things a little interesting.
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Kurt is trying to sell everyone on this offense, because he is in it for the money. He has tapes and videos for sale to promote this offense. I did not want to say that earlier, but it is more and more clear to me the more and more he talks about the legality of this issue. That is why he references the same sales pitch on every website and gives the same quotes. Then he accuses everyone of giving only their “opinion” when they reference other comments that contradict his position. He does not care about if the offense is good or bad for the game. He only cares that he makes money off of this. Who else sends testimonials about some crack study that it makes the game safer? Usually to have a study accepted, it has to be researched for much more than a 2 year period and you consider many other possible factors. You cannot just assume that only one factor is keeping players safe. We also have more field turf, better equipment, more emphasis on illegal hits (even the NFL has done a much better job of awareness) and probably better coaching techniques across the board. All of these things are factors in injuries and probably many other things I cannot even think of right now.

Kurt keeps repeating that (one person) off the NF Committee says, when there is probably more to their comments and other committee members have expressed concern publicly. I think he believes we are all stupid at this point. He also ignores that many states took a position they would outlaw the offense and these are voting members into the NF process and they could influence the position the committee members will vote on. I have not heard this much buzz about any rules change and the rules somehow change. I could be wrong, but I see the rule being changed in the next couple of years. The only reason it will not be changed now, is because the NF Football Committee will not know how to change the rule, similarly to other college or pro rules that have been adopted in recent years. Or they may deem there are not enough schools using the offense that this makes much of a difference to change this rule.

Peace

Holy Moly Rutledge, you keep saying/stating things I never or would ever do, and it continues to make you look...........!

It has been interesting to note that I have GONE OUT OF MY WAY TO SHOW RESPECT FOR PEOPLE OF DIFFERING OPINIONS ABOUT THE A-11, AND FULLY UNDERSTAND PEOPLE DO, DON'T OR COULD CARE LESS ABOUT the A-11.

However, when you come on this board and others, and bang the Error/Incorrect statement Drum over and over again, it is important to ensure people know how vitally wrong you are.

You just don't understand how long we took in thinking about ways to help our smaller team compete, and how much we researched everything, submitted everything nationally and then via our State before it was declared OK and Legal to use two years ago, which has gone well thank God.

MONEY??? Are you joking???

There are THOUSANDS of male and female coaches worldwide whose books and dvd packages are available out there for other coaches to pick up and learn from.

We are simply One of them, in fact, if we were really in it for the money (that is sheer lunacy) we would have retained all production and profit rights.........BUT, we are not doing that, instead, we have done like MANY other coaches, when AFM thought other coaches would want to know about our system, we accepted their invitation to do INSTRUCTIONAL BOOKS AND DVD PACKAGES, JUST LIKE THEIR MANY OTHER COACHES DO FROM AROUND THE NATION.

In fact, Many Officials have called us after watching those videos and Thanked Us for putting them out there!

That is reality, and not what you guys are spewing.

We were HONORED that AFM asked, and feel proud to be one of their many coaching staff's featured in their stable of instructional series.

The PURPOSE of showing the AFM video store link on Here, was NOT to sell any videos, but to merely Counter the erroneous statements made on this site by a few people who are totally wrong.

We are simply one set of coaches in the clinic and teaching circle, many, many others out there too Thank God.

* Nothing you do or say will ever change that reality, except in your own perception.

Happy Thanksgiving, KB
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 12:47pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
The part that makes it trickey is that none of the players will assume an initial position on the LOS until right before the snap. They shift, pause for the required second and then go. If they're all wearing eligible numbers, that can make things a little interesting.
Aye, I was wondering what the trickery part was. The diagram wasn't too clear, I could only make out the alignment itself. Regarding taking the initial position on the LOS until right before the snap, wouldn't that constitute an illegal shift? Don't have my book handy here at work.
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 01:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
Aye, I was wondering what the trickery part was. The diagram wasn't too clear, I could only make out the alignment itself. Regarding taking the initial position on the LOS until right before the snap, wouldn't that constitute an illegal shift? Don't have my book handy here at work.
It would not be an illegal shift if no one is on the line yet.

Peace
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 02:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Kurt,

You are starting to sound like BillyMac. You keep repeating the exact same words on several sites.

I do not need the sales pitch. I know what I already think about the offense and I already know what some of the committee members think about the offense. You need to be trying to convince them, not me. You better sell more tapes; they might not be useful much longer.

Kurt, stop trying to sell everyone on your offense. We are not making the decisions to change or to keep the rule the way it has been. If they change the rule, it will not be because of the conversations we have here directly. What I say is not going to change what the committee thinks or how they vote. You defend the comments I and others make like we have a direct line to the committee. We are not talking about whether to go to war or not. We are talking about a game and whether a rule will change in that game that people all over the world couldn’t care less about. And yes, a lot of what I say is my opinion. But I have enough sense to know that my opinion is not in the minority about the possibility of a change.

Peace
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

misc

Rutledge:

Again, it is you who states I am trying to sell people on the offense,,,,,,,,,but in reality, I have said time and again, I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE DO, DON'T OR COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE A-11, AND I TOTALY UNDERSTAND THAT, I respect ALL Opinions about the type of football people want to see, coach, play or officiate in.

There is plenty of room in America for more than one Brand of football, and that is perfectly OK, best of all that is best for the KIDS.

Take Care, KB
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBryan View Post
In fact, Many Officials have called us after watching those videos and Thanked Us for putting them out there!
Could you post some names with that? I find it hard to believe that officials are buying and watching your videos on the A-11 and then thanking you for making them.
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 04:57pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
Could you post some names with that? I find it hard to believe that officials are buying and watching your videos on the A-11 and then thanking you for making them.

Our staff has sent out many a free dvd's to Officials to learn from, and posted ALL of our games online at Streaming A-11 Football Games "Live" On The Internet In 2008 for Officials and Coaches and Players to learn from for Free too.

Sorry you do not believe it...........that matters none, respectively.

KB
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Or respectfully, even.
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.