Thread: NFHS Survey up
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 02:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Kurt is trying to sell everyone on this offense, because he is in it for the money. He has tapes and videos for sale to promote this offense. I did not want to say that earlier, but it is more and more clear to me the more and more he talks about the legality of this issue. That is why he references the same sales pitch on every website and gives the same quotes. Then he accuses everyone of giving only their “opinion” when they reference other comments that contradict his position. He does not care about if the offense is good or bad for the game. He only cares that he makes money off of this. Who else sends testimonials about some crack study that it makes the game safer? Usually to have a study accepted, it has to be researched for much more than a 2 year period and you consider many other possible factors. You cannot just assume that only one factor is keeping players safe. We also have more field turf, better equipment, more emphasis on illegal hits (even the NFL has done a much better job of awareness) and probably better coaching techniques across the board. All of these things are factors in injuries and probably many other things I cannot even think of right now.

Kurt keeps repeating that (one person) off the NF Committee says, when there is probably more to their comments and other committee members have expressed concern publicly. I think he believes we are all stupid at this point. He also ignores that many states took a position they would outlaw the offense and these are voting members into the NF process and they could influence the position the committee members will vote on. I have not heard this much buzz about any rules change and the rules somehow change. I could be wrong, but I see the rule being changed in the next couple of years. The only reason it will not be changed now, is because the NF Football Committee will not know how to change the rule, similarly to other college or pro rules that have been adopted in recent years. Or they may deem there are not enough schools using the offense that this makes much of a difference to change this rule.

Peace