Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 11, 2012, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
In order to establish LGP, the defender has to have both feet on the floor and the torso facing the offensive player...they are then allowed to move to maintain that LGP. If they move "into the path" with LGP then their movement is legal...they don't have to be "in the path" to obtain LGP.
In the OP, I think you have to ask yourself at what point is W1 guarding B1. I see W1 running/sliding towards B1, but never is actually guarding B1. Some, I suppose, say that because W1 is moving towards B1 (engaging her if you will), is within 6 ft, etc. that she has LGP status.

The block area to me is where W1 attempts to gain LGP, but contact occurs before that happens.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2012, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
In the OP, I think you have to ask yourself at what point is W1 guarding B1. I see W1 running/sliding towards B1, but never is actually guarding B1. Some, I suppose, say that because W1 is moving towards B1 (engaging her if you will), is within 6 ft, etc. that she has LGP status.

The block area to me is where W1 attempts to gain LGP, but contact occurs before that happens.
+1

Some of us see this play the same way. It seems others have a different understanding of what "guarding" actually is.

I didnt think we should apply a closely guarded count (Mens 6' - Womens 3' while holding) when a defender is within the required distance, but behind or on the side or running into the play.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Your season ended before mine did right? Seems like someone needs to look in the mirror.

Peace
Can't say for sure whose season ended first. The schedule in ILL lends itself to you working later in the YEAR. I seriously doubt you worked deeper in the playoffs than I did.

The mirror treats me pretty well olden one
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 11:09am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7IronRef View Post
Can't say for sure whose season ended first. The schedule in ILL lends itself to you working later in the YEAR. I seriously doubt you worked deeper in the playoffs than I did.

The mirror treats me pretty well olden one
If I am old, you must be 20 years old. And I am probably in much better shape than most officials I come in contact with, including you.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If I am old, you must be 20 years old. And I am probably in much better shape than most officials I come in contact with, ...

Peace
That's what old timers always say. The old "I challenge you to an officiating duel" is next I am sure.

Not that it matters but 33 yr old...you probably can't remember that far back
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

This argument is so 27 seconds ago

Both of you guys post an entire game & let us, the posters of the Forum, make the final call on "whose got game."
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post

Both of you guys post an entire game & let us, the posters of the Forum, make the final call on "whose got game."
I agree it is old, but it is Rut who can't let it go. He said he was done with it, but keeps coming back, because he can't move on. He will surely bring it up in other posts, even if he doesn't come back to this thread. He always has to have the last word, hence 18,000+ posts, the twisting of the truth and back tracking.

He prolongs the conversations so that he can make a name for himself at the expense of others...

Rut, say my name
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 12:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I agree it is old, but it is Rut who can't let it go. He said he was done with it, but keeps coming back, because he can't move on.
For the record, I had not said anything to you since your last post until today. I have not said anything to you because as I said you are a non-MF factor to me. You came back and commented about something after you claim I wanted the last word. Now you are still talking about me after several days have past. We have even gone on with the conversation of the OP and you came back still talking. So if I have not let it go, as I said look in the mirror.

Quote:
He will surely bring it up in other posts, even if he doesn't come back to this thread. He always has to have the last word, hence 18,000+ posts, the twisting of the truth and back tracking.
Are you sure? I might bring it up because someone else makes a joke about it or comments about it like people like to do. If you have not noticed not too many people take themselves that seriously here including me. Most of us here have nothing to prove to each other as we are secure in ourselves, which you seem to not be very secure in yourself. If you were, you would not worry about what I was thinking on a play and you were too stupid to read that other people agreed with me. You still have not addressed two people that pointed out to you that they did not agree with your assessment on the plays and that others agreed with me, go figure.

You are like a lot of others trolls that have been here and have gone in a week or so when your career either has fallen off or someone figures you out and who you really are.

Quote:
He prolongs the conversations so that he can make a name for himself at the expense of others...

Rut, say my name
I do not need to know what your name is at all. But you can look mine up and find it in Illinois that is for sure. And there have been about 20 posts (since page 5) since the last time you was on this thread. Maybe if you would stop acting like a little girl and man up, you would not worry about what I have to say to you at all. If you do not want me to have the last word, say anything to you or acknowledge your existence, then do not talk to me at all. Trust me, you are not that important.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 01:11pm
Esteemed Participant

Wow...I thought listening to my 7th graders argue about who was better at bump on the playground was tiring..."I went deeper in the playoffs than you did"..."I can run better than you can"..."you said you were gonna let it go"..."well, you said you weren't gonna comment any more"...

Holy crap.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 01:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Wow...I thought listening to my 7th graders argue about who was better at bump on the playground was tiring..."I went deeper in the playoffs than you did"..."I can run better than you can"..."you said you were gonna let it go"..."well, you said you weren't gonna comment any more"...

Holy crap.
When you have trolls on this site, this happens. At some point people have to be willing to state their opinion and live with it. We are not robots in anything we do. That is why some work what they do and others complain why they are not where they are. This is basic parts of life that many people will never learn and this place and the structure highlights that.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
For the record, I had not said anything to you since your last post until today. I have not said anything to you because as I said you are a non-MF factor to me. You came back and commented about something after you claim I wanted the last word. Now you are still talking about me after several days have past. We have even gone on with the conversation of the OP and you came back still talking. So if I have not let it go, as I said look in the mirror.

Are you sure? I might bring it up because someone else makes a joke about it or comments about it like people like to do. If you have not noticed not too many people take themselves that seriously here including me. Most of us here have nothing to prove to each other as we are secure in ourselves, which you seem to not be very secure in yourself. If you were, you would not worry about what I was thinking on a play and you were too stupid to read that other people agreed with me. You still have not addressed two people that pointed out to you that they did not agree with your assessment on the plays and that others agreed with me, go figure.

You are like a lot of others trolls that have been here and have gone in a week or so when your career either has fallen off or someone figures you out and who you really are.

I do not need to know what your name is at all. But you can look mine up and find it in Illinois that is for sure. And there have been about 20 posts (since page 5) since the last time you was on this thread. Maybe if you would stop acting like a little girl and man up, you would not worry about what I have to say to you at all. If you do not want me to have the last word, say anything to you or acknowledge your existence, then do not talk to me at all. Trust me, you are not that important.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Peace
Yet you still keep commenting, because you know my name, and you cannot let it go. I am in your dome

Sorry don't have the time to hang out here all day every day to see if there is something I feel compelled to comment on, unlike yourself. If you have that kind of time, good for you. I spend my off time working, golfing, training, on my boat and with my friends and family. I am not in a long term relationship with the Forum like you (see all of your posts, unless you are getting paid by the post) so I have no doubt that I will move on before you. Just like our officiating careers, I will blow past you, if I haven't already.

I had really thought that this back and forth would have run its course and ended long ago when you said you were done with me back around page 4. But again, I know that you cannot let things go on this Forum. I had lurked on the Forum prior to joining and noticed that you tend to belittle and make back-handed comments about others here whether you are speaking to them or not. So I decided to stay with it. Its just more fun messing with you because you would argue with an echo just to try to have the last word.

The reality is that we disagreed on the play(s) which is what referee's do. With this group the play is basically 50-50.

If you want to whip out resume's, fine by me. I am pretty sure mine is longer and fatter
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

(liberal use of editing in the quotes below)

Quote:
Wow...I thought listening to my 7th graders argue about who was better at bump on the playground was tiring... (snip)
Quote:
When you have trolls on this site, this happens. At some point people have to be willing to state their opinion and live with it. (snip)
Quote:
Yet you still keep commenting, because you know my name, and you cannot let it go. I am in your dome
(snip)
The reality is that we disagreed on the play(s) which is what referee's do. With this group the play is basically 50-50.
What is REALLY funny is that the two actually agreed on the play. ...

Quote:
I have a block on this play. The defender never stops and is coming forward toward the shooter.
Quote:
You rendered your decisions on both calls, and your judgment is incorrect on both. You called one a block and the other a PC. Yes, these are your opinions on both calls, but in both plays the defense is moving into the path of the shooter. In both cases you got it wrong, especially if you subscribe to the teachings of the NCAA, which you claim you do.
Quote:
In both cases the defender is moving forward and into the offense, this time the L started to show...she learned her lesson and was really slow in the C-ship game to avoid the BLARGE
Quote:
If you want to whip out resume's, fine by me. I am pretty sure mine is longer and fatter
This is probably the longest argument I've seen where the two sides didn't realize they had actually agreed. It really looks like ONE of the two was more intent on attacking the other rather than discussing the play. Fore!

Last edited by Camron Rust; Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 04:04pm.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

I get it now...

Quote:
This is probably the longest argument I've seen where the two sides didn't realize they had actually agreed. It really looks like ONE of the two was more intent on attacking the other rather than discussing the play. Fore!
Thanks, CR. I'd lost track of who had what opinion.

So I guess that means their disagreement is about the other block/charge play I posted from this game. Maybe I should move their whole string into that post?
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post

I haven't seen 7 iron ref, but I have seen JRut work in a game that featured one team that ran the Grinnell system.

Now JRut doesn't need any affirmation from me, but I have seen a lot of games officiated by the best in three different associations and Rut was as good as any I've seen. Very crisp signals, positioning, communication and the man is in very good shape (better than 90% of the officials I have seen or worked with.)
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsqrddgd909 View Post
I haven't seen 7 iron ref, but I have seen JRut work in a game that featured one team that ran the Grinnell system.

Now JRut doesn't need any affirmation from me, but I have seen a lot of games officiated by the best in three different associations and Rut was as good as any I've seen. Very crisp signals, positioning, communication and the man is in very good shape (better than 90% of the officials I have seen or worked with.)
I've actually seen a bit of him on the court as well, I believe he posted a link or something to one of his games a couple years back.
From what I remember, he not only looked the part but he had some presence about himself too. I didnt think he was an old timer either...