The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Ain't gonna play no more in this one, JMO. You had your chance to maybe gain a little credibility just by opening up a rule book or case book and simply writing down what it said. You couldn't. Carry on trying to answer questions according to what you see and hear on TV.
Anything short of an apology, I'm sorry will not be accepted. In fact, that might not work either depending on how I feel that day. There is no going back. Don't even try to trick me with your indirect tactics. We all saw right thru it. I been around too long for that BS, hence the name Old School. You gonna have to do better than that and you should quite playing because I am here to discredit you as bad as you have discredit me. On the real side, you need to get out more my man. Then you will see that people are not perfect. Likewise, on the real side, you can not live your life out of a rulebook. Basketball does not begin nor end with the NFHS Rule or Case book, and last, hating someone because you think they don't have a rulebook or a case book is whack!!!!.....must be something in the kool-aid.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Anything short of an apology, I'm sorry will not be accepted. In fact, that might not work either depending on how I feel that day. There is no going back. Don't even try to trick me with your indirect tactics. We all saw right thru it. I been around too long for that BS, hence the name Old School. You gonna have to do better than that and you should quite playing because I am here to discredit you as bad as you have discredit me. On the real side, you need to get out more my man. Then you will see that people are not perfect. Likewise, on the real side, you can not live your life out of a rulebook. Basketball does not begin nor end with the NFHS Rule or Case book, and last, hating someone because you think they don't have a rulebook or a case book is whack!!!!.....must be something in the kool-aid.
You've got almost all of your standard responses in here; the only ones I can see you're missing are the comments about "throwing officials under the bus", and "don't shoot the messenger". Don't you think you need to go back and edit this post to get those in there?

Here's an idea: answer the questions posed to you directly, instead of using your canned responses that have nothing to do with the subject.

Have a nice day!

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:06am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Basketball does not begin nor end with the NFHS Rule or Case book, and last, hating someone because you think they don't have a rulebook or a case book is whack!!!!
Geeze, I certainly don't hate you, JMO. I do think that you're a consummate troll though. Anybody trying to pass themselves off as a real, live honest-to-goodness basketball official without actually owning, or ever having had owned, rulebooks is what is whack. You see, when you don't know anything at all about rules, mechanics, etc but you still insist on spouting your usual gibberish, the non-officials, fanboys, etc. that are reading might actually think that what you're saying isn't....well.....completely stoopid. We know better than that though, don't we?

Now take a deep breath, RecLeague Ronny, and repeat after me:

I am a troll.

Again.....

I am a troll.

Btw, you really are enjoying the attention that you're getting on this forum, aren't you?
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude
Tie game...winner to state...watta ya got?

http://www.sportstricities.com/sport...-8578135c.html
I admire you for making a tough call. With the advantage of slo mo replay imho it's clearly a block. Thanks for posting this. Stuff like this makes this board special.

Regarding shoulder down clip, again a block or no call imo.

Nice job.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
I admire you for making a tough call. With the advantage of slo mo replay imho it's clearly a block. Thanks for posting this. Stuff like this makes this board special.

Nice job.
How can this be a no call with players on the floor?
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:29am

Quote:
Geeze, I certainly don't hate you, JMO. I do think that you're a consummate troll though. Anybody trying to pass themselves off as a real, live honest-to-goodness basketball official without actually owning, or ever having had owned, rulebooks is what is whack. You see, when you don't know anything at all about rules, mechanics, etc but you still insist on spouting your usual gibberish, the non-officials, fanboys, etc. that are reading might actually think that what you're saying isn't....well.....completely stoopid. We know better than that though, don't we? Now take a deep breath, RecLeague Ronny, and repeat after me:I am a troll.Again.....I am a troll. Btw, you really are enjoying the attention that you're getting on this forum, aren't you?
You almost got a laugh out of me, keep trying, you are getting better. Also, I see you are starting to call me names again, like troll, JMO, etc., are we getting a little sensitive? I am going to do you a favor today, you can pay me later. I am going to relieve that delusional state you are within. Sit down, relax, it's okay. Now, listen carefully, you don't discredit someone to the degree you have discredit me without there being some genuine hate behind the motive. Now, doesn't that feel better. You can now return back to hating me but just remember, the true is out.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
Because NFHS rule 4-27-2 says so--"contact which may result when opponents are in equally favorable positions to perform normal defensive or offensive movements should not be considered illegal, even though the contact may be severe."
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
Score the basket and no call or a block imo. What say you?
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:36am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:

Nice job.
Clearly a block? Please tell us why. Most everyone here sees this as a good player control foul call.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Because NFHS rule 4-27-2 says so--"contact which may result when opponents are in equally favorable positions to perform normal defensive or offensive movements should not be considered illegal, even though the contact may be severe."
Agreed, and I'll try and not act like a fanboy in the future
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
Clearly a block? Please tell us why. Most everyone here sees this as a good player control foul call.

IMO it's clearly a block when run in slo-mo. Why do think otherwise.

Clearly might be too strong a word, it's very close.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Agreed, and I'll try and not act like a fanboy in the future
I don't agree that these were "equally favorable positions" and don't think this is an accurate interpretation of this rule.....my view of this rule is two players going after a loose ball and colliding as one example...

Although very close and I wouldn't have had a problem with a block call....this is good defense and should be rewarded....once again IMHO
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I don't know if it's a 'good' player control foul. And the opinions aren't unanimous, I see what I see. I would have passed on any call on that play in that situation. Just me.

Last edited by fullor30; Thu Mar 15, 2007 at 10:11am.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 10:10am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
I don't know if it's a 'good' player control foul. And the opinions aren't unanymous(sp). I see what I see. I would have passed on any call on that paly in that situation. Just me.
On the drive? Both players went down hard. How can you pass on the call?
Old Thu Mar 15, 2007, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
On the drive? Both players went down hard. How can you pass on the call?
Agree that you have to have something.....as I said, I would have had no problem with a block but have "something".....