The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 06:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quick question:

Does Mary Struckoff know about this thread and if so, how many think that she rolls her eyes when reading it?

I am going to make an educated assumption that she does not read threads on this basketball forum because based on some of the mis-information that is posted on the NFHS Discussion Forums she does not read the threads there either.

MTD, Sr.
Perhaps she should. I know she must be very busy, but it just might shed some light on some of the issues and she could correct the "mis-information". Just a thought.
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 07:48am
M.A.S.H.

JRut,

Any other highlights that you could share with us from the convention? I wasn't able to make it this year. Thanks
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 01:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
JRut,

Any other highlights that you could share with us from the convention? I wasn't able to make it this year. Thanks
TJ,

I am not sure what you want to know. I mainly attended the Delegate's meeting and a couple of sessions outside of those meetings. The media session was interesting, but it was just a dialog with media members and officials and why each thinks the other is stupid.

I am not purposely trying to be short with you, there was just so much going on there was not just a couple of things that I can point to as a highlight. I can say that Dave Gannaway does not seem like he is completely satisfied with out current promotion system and was looking for ideas to change it. There was also talk about an evaluation program and how to implement such a program or whether to have one at all.

Other than all that the conference is to give officials from all over the state the opportunity to share ideas or to understand if the same issues apply all over the place.

Peace
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 02:51pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
JRut,

TJ,

I am not sure what you want to know. I mainly attended the Delegate's meeting and a couple of sessions outside of those meetings. The media session was interesting, but it was just a dialog with media members and officials and why each thinks the other is stupid.

I am not purposely trying to be short with you, there was just so much going on there was not just a couple of things that I can point to as a highlight. I can say that Dave Gannaway does not seem like he is completely satisfied with out current promotion system and was looking for ideas to change it. There was also talk about an evaluation program and how to implement such a program or whether to have one at all.

Other than all that the conference is to give officials from all over the state the opportunity to share ideas or to understand if the same issues apply all over the place.

Peace
JRut,

Sorry for such an open eneded question.

Hmmmm, any ideas thrown around for a new promotion system?
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 03:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

JRut,

Sorry for such an open eneded question.

Hmmmm, any ideas thrown around for a new promotion system?
The only thing that was seriously kicked around was using the NF Training courses as an addition to the promotion process. There were suggestions from groups, but those were not discussed to the entire body. Suggestions were discussed in individual groups and given to the IHSA for possible review later with the Official's Advisory committee. So I am not sure what other officials were seriously talking about in that meeting. I suggested personally that we take emphasis off of the Part 2 Exam as an end all be all requirement and put more emphasis on other things to help someone get promoted. We will see if anyone cares about our groups suggestion.

Peace