View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 10:18am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NDRef
I assumed that Ms. Struckoff was referncing ND and either she wasn't completely aware of what we were doing, or Jeff misinterpreted what she said about the lead. I can't imaging any state putting the lead directly in the middle of the lane. Absolutely nothing is gained from this vantage point in 2 or 3 whistle coverage.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Mary did reference North Dakota in her presentation. But I did not misrepresent anything she said. Her reference was brief and she did not go into great detail about what the ND does or does not do. She was not speaking to a basketball only crowd. She was speaking to the Official's Delegates from all sports and talking in general and made a very brief statement about ND to illustrate that a state can use their own mechanics. She also said that other states questioned ND's position but your state felt what they were doing was specific. Her exact words were "One out of 49 states uses this mechanic." No one asked her for any details beyond that because it did not matter. She was basically telling the delegates that in the NF training class there would be some minor differences as it related to Illinois and other states. Now there must be a reason you knew I was talking about North Dakota, because until her presentation I did not realize your state or any state had a mechanic like that. Your response was the very reason I did not want to call out your state. Since you seemed to know who she was referring to, I wanted to clarify what she stated.

Peace