View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by NDRef
the center DOES NOT work directly under the basket as the original post states.
I'm guessing you mean that the Lead does not work directly under the basket?

In any case, if you and Rut are both reporting things correctly, then Ms. Struckoff was not talking about ND, since Rut's post clearly states that she said the Lead worked in the middle of the lane.

Quote:
The NF has not accepted all of these changes with open arms and has cost our state a voice with the NF rules committee.
This comment interests me quite a bit. I'm not sure what you mean by "cost our state a voice" on the rules committee. The only change that you mention that has NOT been adopted by the FED is the shot clock. MA also uses a shot clock. There's two things to say about this.

1) I've been told by our state athletic association that the FED is not upset about us using a shot clock. So if you've lost your "voice" on the committee, could there be some other reason for it?

2) I was told by this same person (speaker at our board banquet last year) that every state has a vote on the rules committee on a rotating basis. No state is excluded from sitting on the committee. However, the FED will bar states from chairing the committee if they are out of line in certain ways. (The reason MA is ineligible to chair the committee is that we play halves instead of quarters.) So can you explain what you mean by "cost our state a voice" on the committee?

I'm interested to hear how these things work. Thanks