View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 10:47am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NDRef
Jeff,

No problem hi-liting ND. Unfortuneatley she was just plain wrong in her reference to the "lead" in our mechanic. It's too bad she wasn't clear with her information, especially considering her audience--rural states like ours have a tough enough time with the perception of being "country bumpkins".
I think you are taking it to another level. She just was making a very small point about mechanics differences and how acceptable those differences are in the NF's eyes. I would not have expected her to go into detail about this topic because there were soccer, football, volleyball, baseball, track and field, cross country and gymnastics officials in the room. Anyone not working basketball would probably not know what she was talking about or what a "lead official" is in the first place. She just wanted to say that states can do what they like. She probably used one of the most glaring philosophies differences (she was showing the basketball class) and I no one asked her a follow-up about her reference or your state.

BTW, a lot of people that are from the Chicagoland area think anyone below I-80 are "country bumpkins" too. So it does not matter what state you live in, people are going to stereotype certain things about an area or state anyway. She did not make the point to belittle your state or the people. She was only making a small point.

Peace