View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Chuck,

Thanks for the correction regarding the lead--you are correct--typo on my part. I've been doing this (officating)for 25 years so I might be a little dated on the NF rules committee issue. But, as I have understood it from the past the NF will allow states to do something (3 pt line, six fouls, shot clock, etc.) on a trial basis without losing representation--then if the NF adapts it goes into their rules, etc. However, if they don't and your state continues you lose some input with the NF (I thought it was with the rules committee). The reason this has stuck in my head was because of how long our state has been using the 3 point line--and there was some issues with the NF in the late 80s. If I have clouded the issue, I apologize I just wanted to share some background about our state.

I assumed that Ms. Struckoff was referncing ND and either she wasn't completely aware of what we were doing, or Jeff misinterpreted what she said about the lead. I can't imaging any state putting the lead directly in the middle of the lane. Absolutely nothing is gained from this vantage point in 2 or 3 whistle coverage.

Thanks for taking an interest.