View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 02:39am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra

Please, you are on this forum enough to know MTD mentions Ms. Struckhoff every chance he gets.

She makes comments on an issue you and MTD disagreed on, she happens to side with you, and we are to believe it's all innocent info sharing?

I was born in the day time, but it was not yesterday.
It is rather obvious that I come here quite often. If you also notice I do not post here everyday, nor do I wish to. Just this month alone I have been out of town 3 times for officiating related reasons. I also do not read every thread, nor do I follow what one person says like a hawk either. I do remember the conversation I had with MTD, but I did not post this with him in mind. Until you mentioned the conversation, I was not thinking of MTD at all.

I also do not care if he references Struckoff on a regular basis. Mary Struckoff is from Illinois and went to the same college I attended (not at the same time) and worked in the IHSA office as the head of the Official's Department. If you talk to many Illinois Officials and our current system, Mary's name comes up all the time. Maybe MTD talks about her a lot, but not as much as we do here. For the record Mary Struckoff was partly responsible for many changes in our state and how officials issues (she really gets a bad wrap as well). So for someone that is not around this state, might not realize this. Anytime the NF changes something, some officials like to rip her personally for those changes. So if MTD talks about Mary a lot, it definitely is not as much as her name is thrown around in my state. Maybe you pay more attention to MTD's posts than I do.

I also work football and baseball. I can tell you in football alone there are many things we do in Illinois that are not at all specific to the NF mechanics. Also in baseball there are a couple of position changes that are not reflected in the NF mechanics either. Mary’s comments were not geared towards any specific sport. Mary did look at Dave Gannaway when she made these comments when she referenced the fact that “I know Illinois does some things differently from the NF.” Gannaway currently sits on the Football Committee for the NF and holds the position that Struckoff left with the IHSA (Head of the IHSA Official’s Department).

Peace