The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 11:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Dumbass must be your middle name.

Bob,

Leave my name out of this discussion. I have in no way talked about you. I do not address you when I post. I do not know you and you definitely do not know me. You call me names and a liar because you cannot prove anything. If you have an issue with Windy, take that up with him. Both of you are acting like children if you ask me. You cannot find out anything about each other so you keep talking about how the other is more of a tool. Wow, great conversation. But leave my name out of it. I guess your name is Kobe and you think I am Shaq. I do not need to prove anything here. Maybe you do, but I do not. Even Windy has tried to "expose me" but has yet to do so. For one, he does not know me and he lives in my area.

BTW, I do not live in Chicago. So would that call you a liar because you keep repeating that? I live in the Chicago land area, there is a difference.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 12:07pm
In Memoriam

Re: Dumbass must be your middle name.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
BTW, I do not live in Chicago. So would that call you a liar because you keep repeating that? I live in the Chicago land area, there is a difference.

Peace
Rut,
I thought he was talkin" 'bout bob jenkins!

So..., when your first hoops game? ...End of November?

mick
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 12:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Dumbass must be your middle name.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:

Peace
Rut,

mick
Believe it or not I have a scrimmage this weekend. But that is college Men's.

I have my first real game on November 20, which is Men's College game. First time I will wear the gray shirts.

My first HS game is November 22. I might get a game on Monday before that, but we will see. I am really looking forward to it.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 12:27pm

A private investigator by day and pretender by night!

Looking for liars and blowhards...my grandfather used to have a saying. "When you lie with dogs, you're bound to get fleas."

You've been scratching an awful lot lately.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mick,
I appreciate your candor. I was curious if Brad had deleted the thread because he felt that it was embarassing. I did not intend for it to be. I simply copied his words and showed the membership that I was being asked to tone it down. I offered to behave in exactly the same manner as to which I was treated. I offered the truce not as a sign of weakness, but as a courtesy to someone who has a vested interest in this Board. I believe that you did not remove it. I was just curious why it was taken away.
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Mr. Elias,

Was the concept that difficult to comprehend? If you agree with moderators allowing some people to vent, but delete others who respond, you are probably the official that penalizes the retaliator rather than the instigator. I hate working with those guys. They miss some good games.
No, the concept is amazingly simple to comprehend. You wrote:

Quote:
My thought is that if you allow the mudslinging to begin, how do you justify stepping in and locking it down?

How exactly do you propose that the moderators of these forums prevent the mudslinging from beginning? All it takes for it to begin is some putz with a keyboard and hitting the "submit" button. Bob can't prevent that. Mick can't prevent that. Even Brad can't prevent that.

But once it starts, and it's obvious that it's going to continue, it's completely appropriate for a moderator to stop it.

Allowing it to start is irrelevant to the question of whether they should stop the mudslinging. That was my only point. Just like the cop who allows a driver to start speeding. The cop doesn't really have any control over when or whether the driver starts speeding. But once s/he sees the speeder, s/he is completely justified in issuing a ticket. Exactly the same situation. Just my $.02.
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 05:44pm
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:

Mick,
I appreciate your candor. I was curious if Brad had deleted the thread because he felt that it was embarassing. I did not intend for it to be. I simply copied his words and showed the membership that I was being asked to tone it down. I offered to behave in exactly the same manner as to which I was treated. I offered the truce not as a sign of weakness, but as a courtesy to someone who has a vested interest in this Board. I believe that you did not remove it. I was just curious why it was taken away.
WindyCityBlue,
Well, I can understand that.
If you were to put one of my private and polite e-mails on the forum without asking me if I was all right with it, I would be quite moved.

Now, it seems, you just did it again.
I just don't understand what you're thinking.
mick
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 05:45pm
In Memoriam

Cool YU.P. T'was me.

Bob and Rut,
Play nicely!
mick
Old Wed Oct 06, 2004, 05:51pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Dumbass must be your middle name.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:

Peace
Rut,

mick
Believe it or not I have a scrimmage this weekend. But that is college Men's.

I have my first real game on November 20, which is Men's College game. First time I will wear the gray shirts.

My first HS game is November 22. I might get a game on Monday before that, but we will see. I am really looking forward to it.

Peace
Rut,
I'm jealous!
Being on the floor with college men is the bestest, most funnest officiating experiences I have had.
mick
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 08:41am

Mick,
I'm not sure what your background is, but I own several businesses and grew up believing that if someone treats you well, you return the favor. If someone takes a swing at you, you can either turn tail or put on the gloves. That is all I alluded to in my emails that have left you concerned. I will behave exactly as I'm treated. I will offer my opinions and expertise and expect that they will not be embraced by all. That's okay...I'm an umpire and understand that some of the things I say will spark controversy. People are to worried about stepping on each other's toes. This is a discussion forum and that involves debate. We tell young officials to learn how to sell their calls. this is an extension of that. I'm not concerned with offending Brad. He has seen far worse over the years. I'm sure that realizes that I've never directed a comment at him or impugned his integrity. My offer of a truce was sincere and the intent was to inform others that take great glee in any sign of weakness. I hope I clarified the issue for you.

WCB
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 08:59am
In Memoriam

Yawn.
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 10:17am

Sorry to keep you up, but hang in there.

They're serving jello tonight!

BTW, Bob Jenkins, who is Gary?
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 01:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Windy,

Who cares? When you are on someone else's turf you have to follow their rules. If one umpire is on the game you might have one type of call, the next day you will have another call for the same action with another set of umpires. You can always create your own website and have people come there and you can say and do anything you like. Until then as long as you come here you have to live with their rules and regulations and decisions.

Peace
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 01:49pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
If someone takes a swing at you, you can either turn tail or put on the gloves.
WindyCityBlue,
I prefer another choice.
  • "Conversely, you can comment and not feel threatened because of the distance afforded by the internet." - WCB

I think that being polite is not a direct result of cowardice.
    mick

Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 03:35pm

Jeff,

That would be great...if we knew the rules.
    One guy can slam another and it is okay. Someone else comes along and that thread is deleted. Like Mick said - it is completely subjective.
    Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 05:17pm
    In Memoriam

Solid call, Windy and Rut.

Quote:
    Jeff,

That would be great...if we knew the rules.
    One guy can slam another and it is okay. Someone else comes along and that thread is deleted. Like Mick said - it is completely subjective.
    YU.P.
    I listen to bob as often as possible.

But, no matter how much I try, somehow my zone isn't always the same as his.
    mick