View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 08:41am

Mick,
I'm not sure what your background is, but I own several businesses and grew up believing that if someone treats you well, you return the favor. If someone takes a swing at you, you can either turn tail or put on the gloves. That is all I alluded to in my emails that have left you concerned. I will behave exactly as I'm treated. I will offer my opinions and expertise and expect that they will not be embraced by all. That's okay...I'm an umpire and understand that some of the things I say will spark controversy. People are to worried about stepping on each other's toes. This is a discussion forum and that involves debate. We tell young officials to learn how to sell their calls. this is an extension of that. I'm not concerned with offending Brad. He has seen far worse over the years. I'm sure that realizes that I've never directed a comment at him or impugned his integrity. My offer of a truce was sincere and the intent was to inform others that take great glee in any sign of weakness. I hope I clarified the issue for you.

WCB