The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 07, 2013, 10:06pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
Yes I meant sideline, not endline and yes this is with 2-man mechanics.
I agree with most that the chances of missing an OOB is slim compared to the calls you can miss by not moving across the key.
As someone (I think it was either Camron or Rich) on here pointed out to me once when I talked about missing a sideline OOB call (I went with the arrow), 2 person is all about sacrifice. You sacrifice more by staying put than you do by moving across.
Old Wed May 08, 2013, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

In my area, MA, all games are 2 person except the state tourney. There are many 2 person camps and for most of us it makes sense to go to the two person camps since that is all we will be reffing.

It seems like in the last two years my local camps and IAABO meetings have really been focusing on having refs cross the lane, or in IAABO speak, go to the C position. I have been focusing on doing it as much as I can but it still feels weird, like I need to be back on 'my side'.
Old Wed May 08, 2013, 09:44am
Courageous When Prudent

When I officiate 2-man I get where ever I need to be to officiate the play. If it means crossing the lane, then so be it. When I'm the Trail will often move down to the 'C' position to get angles I need.

I just have to remember to hustle back to the standard position if the ball suddenly heads to a line I am responsible for.
Old Wed May 08, 2013, 05:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Like Getting Back Into The Cadillac Position Back In The Good Old Days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopguy View Post
Focusing on having refs cross the lane, or in IAABO speak, go to the C position.
Here in IAABO Connecticut, we've been experimenting with going one step further. Two person game. When the lead moves across the lane to get a really good look at some action in the pivot, the trail has the option of moving over to the other side, in a sense, a rotation. It's always pregamed, not many of us do it, and I've only observed it being tried once, it failed as the trail didn't see the body language of the lead that he wanted to stay there.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)