View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:02am
C'mon man!!

Lead move across the lane?

The "pinch the paint" thread got me thinking about this and in conjunction with an alumni tournament game I did this week, I want to ask what people's opinions are for the lead moving a cross the paint. The Officials Manual 2.3.3.b talks about moving across the paint when the majority of the players are on the T's side. At one of the main camps, the evaluators last year mentioned this and since i started doing it I really like. The only downside is when there is a muffed pass and it goes out on the far end line where neither official is. Some of our officials do this and some don't.
My most recent does not. When I was pregaming that I do move across occasionally if play dictates he looked at me like I was crazy and wanted me to try doing it without moving across. He said "We should be good enough to be able get anything if it happens without moving across."

I still feel like angles are much improved by moving across and the chance of completely missing an OOB call on the opposite endline is pretty slim. It takes a little more work and hustle to be successful but i feel like it is worth it.
Thoughts?