The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The point being debated is whether a "team member" who was previously a "player" but is currently only a "team member" should be added to the book when it is realized.

Some say that a "team member" who previously was a "player" must be added to the book as soon as it is realized, even if they are currently on the bench. Others maintain that the "team member" need not be added unless they wish to reenter the game.
The Case Book states the number does not have to be changed if he doesn't play again. That's why rockyroad doesn't understand what all the fuss is about. Because some don't "like" this ruling, they choose to ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Situation: Team member A31 is sitting on the bench. He has not played so far in the game. During the 2nd quarter he yells at an official about a foul call and is assessed a technical foul. It is now discovered that he is incorrectly listed in the scorebook as A33. How do you handle this?
How would you handle it if the trainer did the same thing? Note the individual who is assessed the T and move on. You don't change the scorebook unless the coach requests it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Thanks for everybody's input. I believe that the best citation was *3.2.2 SITUATION C. Since Black 53 was not a player, but was bench personnel, at the time the scorekeeper called our attention to the problem, then there should have been no technical foul charged. I guess that the fact that the ball hadn't become live yet had no impact on the infraction.

I guess we screwed up. We charged the Black team with a technical foul, the White player missed both free throws, and we gave the ball to the White team at the division line, opposite the table.

Next time, we'll get it right.
Yes, you did. But I'm sure you'll get it right next time. Just make sure you're the R, so Nevadaref can't ram his mythical beliefs down your throat.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 04:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Basketball World Would Be Our Oyster ...

(Apologies to Billy Shakespeare.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Just make sure you're the R, so Nevadaref can't ram his mythical beliefs down your throat.
Wow. How about this for a "Supercrew"? BktBallRef, Nevadaref, and BillyMac? You two could teach me three person mechanics "on the fly". During timeouts, and intermissions, and after the game, we could debate interpretations. Let's make sure that we all bring our rulebooks, and casebooks. I'll bring cold adult beverages for after the game, or if any of you wish, for halftime.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat May 29, 2010 at 04:46pm.
Old Tue Jun 01, 2010, 07:27pm
Official Forum Member

I'm officially starting my campaign to get the new ruling in 3.2.2 corrected.
Old Thu Jun 03, 2010, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I'm officially starting my campaign to get the new ruling in 3.2.2 corrected.
I'll sign the petition, but to whom will you be sending it?