View Single Post
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The point being debated is whether a "team member" who was previously a "player" but is currently only a "team member" should be added to the book when it is realized.

Some say that a "team member" who previously was a "player" must be added to the book as soon as it is realized, even if they are currently on the bench. Others maintain that the "team member" need not be added unless they wish to reenter the game.
The Case Book states the number does not have to be changed if he doesn't play again. That's why rockyroad doesn't understand what all the fuss is about. Because some don't "like" this ruling, they choose to ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Situation: Team member A31 is sitting on the bench. He has not played so far in the game. During the 2nd quarter he yells at an official about a foul call and is assessed a technical foul. It is now discovered that he is incorrectly listed in the scorebook as A33. How do you handle this?
How would you handle it if the trainer did the same thing? Note the individual who is assessed the T and move on. You don't change the scorebook unless the coach requests it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Thanks for everybody's input. I believe that the best citation was *3.2.2 SITUATION C. Since Black 53 was not a player, but was bench personnel, at the time the scorekeeper called our attention to the problem, then there should have been no technical foul charged. I guess that the fact that the ball hadn't become live yet had no impact on the infraction.

I guess we screwed up. We charged the Black team with a technical foul, the White player missed both free throws, and we gave the ball to the White team at the division line, opposite the table.

Next time, we'll get it right.
Yes, you did. But I'm sure you'll get it right next time. Just make sure you're the R, so Nevadaref can't ram his mythical beliefs down your throat.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith