Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 12:58am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It was available the first time you claimed you could not see it. I even saw the video after you claimed you could not see it again. It was just removed. Then again, no one ever accused you of being on top of things.

Peace
I clicked the link, and got 404 not found.........not that unusual. And then you pop off about something you know nothing about, also not unusual.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 01:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Video link won't work for me.
Me neither, but Rich's #1 is priceless. I'm hoping tomorrow morning I can get it to download.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 01:43am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
Whether I've been here for one year or ten (or 90 in Padgett's case), I completely understand where you're coming from.

However, if someone puts the rule out there, I would think that if someone is sensible enough, they could read the rule, try and understand it, and move on. Lots of times on here we get visitors who really do want to understand the rule, and then they leave because they got what they came here for.

I realize not everyone is as sensible as these people are, but the least we could do is put the onus on them to read the rule.
You would be surprised what ignorant people will debate until you have been in those situations. People quote rules all the time and give them all kinds of information and there are many that have never officiated a thing in their life will still consider what they heard on TV or what they "think" the rule is. Case in point what happened in a game last night after my game. There was a play where the shooter shot the ball off the backboard, the ball was below the rim, then the defender blocked the ball after the ball touched the backboard and fans where I was sitting went nuts. As a matter of fact, I even explained to the one guy that that was not GT, but he was convinced otherwise. Even heard the same thing when they were calling for fouls and their team was fouled more. You would have though the officials were totally clueless, but the fans knew better. You can quote rules all day; it is not going to mean a lot. Just search this forum and see some 1 post fan that comes up with a question and see how much they argue with logic and rules being quoted to them. It happens all the time and it will be coming soon as we are in that time of year and the crazies will come out of the woodwork. Then tell me how much logic and reasoning they will accept when you quote the rules word for word and they tell you that the officials were against them and how a certain official has hated them for years.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 01:44am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I clicked the link, and got 404 not found.........not that unusual. And then you pop off about something you know nothing about, also not unusual.
Yeah now you do. But I was able to click on this when you first claimed you could not see the video. Just saying.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 01:51am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Yeah now you do. But I was able to click on this when you first claimed you could not see the video. Just saying.

Peace

Just saying what, exactly? You say so much, so often, without actually saying anything, it's hard to keep it all straight.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 01:55am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Just saying what, exactly? You say so much, so often, without actually saying anything, it's hard to keep it all straight.
Don't worry about it. I could see the videos and did see the videos. They were typical little girl's basketball where kid could hardly run without falling over each other. To even call these plays as screens was laughable at best. No one mugged anyone and in one case the dribbler fell down and players were standing over her looking like they did not have much to do. So your assertion that someone was tackled was the furthest thing from the truth. But then again you did not see the videos right?

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 02:08am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
..... they come running to set the pick it is moving and they come from behind and wrap their arms around our girls, move with us, or hook us.
Quote:
So your assertion that someone was tackled was the furthest thing from the truth.

Maybe you could go hang out with those 9 year olds and improve your reading comprehension skills. I made no assertion. I was responding to the above description, a part of the OP, which was also quoted in my original post.

Rut must be a high quality official. His resume speaks for itself. My question is how he manages to find his way home after the game?

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 02:17am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Maybe you could go hang out with those 9 year olds and improve your reading comprehension skills. I made no assertion. I was responding to the above description, a part of the OP, which was also quoted in my original post.

Rut must be a high quality official. His resume speaks for itself. My question is how he manages to find his way home after the game?
I wonder how you can officiate. You are after all an official that gave a T for a high five. You cannot be much of a high level official making those kinds of calls.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Feb 22, 2010 at 02:22am.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 02:32am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
I wonder how you can officiate. You are after all an official that gave a T for a high five. You cannot be much of a high level official making those kinds of calls.

Peace
Keep trying, little buddy. Go back to that thread. Go slowly. Sound each word out individually. Maybe you will realize that I made no such call.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 02:43am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Keep trying, little buddy. Go back to that thread. Go slowly. Sound each word out individually. Maybe you will realize that I made no such call.
Honestly I do not spend much time reading your posts as you seem to do with me. But the fact that you even posted such craziness tells me everything you need to know.

Now, back to the thread. This is what you said.

Quote:
I could see the link when you posted this. I even had to download the videos to watch them. I did this all after you posted this comment. Now what part is hard for you to read? The video was taken down after this. It probably was taken down because the person realized that they were not going to accomplish much by keeping them up. Oh well, but these are the things you get upset by. What else is new?

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 03:04am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Quote:
I could see the link when you posted this. I even had to download the videos to watch them. I did this all after you posted this comment. Now what part is hard for you to read? The video was taken down after this. It probably was taken down because the person realized that they were not going to accomplish much by keeping them up. Oh well, but these are the things you get upset by. What else is new?

Peace
I see it's not just words that are such a struggle for you, but numbers as well. My above post was made at 2:43. Your post commenting on watching the video was made at 2:06. You do the math. Oops, probably another problem area.

This is the point when Rut usually either goes off on another tangent, or totally disappears from the thread.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 03:21am
Do not give a damn!!

I am just not that into you.

Quote:
I see it's not just words that are such a struggle for you, but numbers as well. My above post was made at 2:43. Your post commenting on watching the video was made at 2:06. You do the math. Oops, probably another problem area.

This is the point when Rut usually either goes off on another tangent, or totally disappears from the thread.
You really do not know do you? I was referring to I saw the videos after you posted your comments and I wanted to see if they were still up. One of these days you will get it, but not today.

There is a difference between ignoring you and disappearing. You are not someone I particularly care to talk to, so I do not like answering your little juvenile questions as you like to ask. You do not have a sense of humor. You are not funny. You take this forum too seriously and I would rather not talk to you at all. Again, keep talking about T’ing people for giving a high five (Your thread, not mine ).

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 03:35am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:

I could see the link when you posted this. I even had to download the videos to watch them. I did this all after you posted this comment.

Peace
Quote:
You really do not know do you? I was referring to I saw the videos after you posted your comments and I wanted to see if they were still up.
So, after I said I couldn't see them, you went back to the link, downloaded the videos again, and watched them a second time "just to see if they were still up."

You have serious issues.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 04:27am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
So, after I said I couldn't see them, you went back to the link, downloaded the videos again, and watched them a second time "just to see if they were still up."

You have serious issues.
The only person that has issues is you. You are once again concerned about what I say and you still are not a very accomplished official. Things have not changed. I am looking forward to you T'ing up someone for a chest bump.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 07:29am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul LeBoutillier View Post
I understand your frustration. As an official I share it. But is the answer to become what they are? If someone is acting like an idiot should I lower myself to the same level of behavior and justify it by saying they started it?

At least the guy who posted the original question was willing to come onto a board loaded with officials to present his question. He could have just kept b****ing and complaining but he came onto OUR turf to get some clarity. We like to complain about parents who are ignorant of the rules. Well here was one guy willing to DO something about it. I'm just saying we shouldn't crucify him for making a positive effort toward getting smarter. That's all.
Nope, you do not understand my frustration. Not at all. And I don't believe for a second that you share it. If you did, you wouldn't put me in the exact same class as that parent who was abusing young officials.

If you truly think that was the parent's intent when making that post, then you are sadly mistaken. His intent was to have us substantiate his claims about biased, brutal officiating. Did you happen to notice the claim that the officiating wasn't "fair"? Iow those calls weren't being missed both ways?

I could care less about the actual rules/calls involved or the quality of the officiating. You obviously have a rec league of some kind here, composed of 9 year-old girls and being officiated by high school students who most likely have received nada in the way of formal training. What bothers me is we have a parent of a 9 year-old girl sitting in the stands publically berating and verbally abusing those high school kids trying to officiate that game. That's the issue, not whether some damn illegal screen call got missed.

If you think that there's anything at all "positive" about that behavior, so be it. You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree completely with you and I always will. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to that.
Closed Thread