The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

A parent comes on to question the ability of officials in his 9 yr old daughter's game. He gets the expected response. "Get some perspective". I commend him for admitting so later on.

What happens next, two pages of arguing about when the link was removed. Guys, get some perspective.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
A parent comes on to question the ability of officials in his 9 yr old daughter's game. He gets the expected response. "Get some perspective". I commend him for admitting so later on.

What happens next, two pages of arguing about when the link was removed. Guys, get some perspective.
+1

Oh -- to the OP, if s/he's still here: If you have concerns about the officiating, you should take them to the "board" for the league (or have the coach take them). The Board can decide how much emphasis to place on any particular rule and on what level of officials to hire.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
They must be asleep now, wait till they wake up.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 10:32am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

If you think that what happened meant that much to me, I am really not the person that needs some perceptive. You obviously do not know me very well. Just saying.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 10:43am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Nope, you do not understand my frustration. Not at all. And I don't believe for a second that you share it. If you did, you wouldn't put me in the exact same class as that parent who was abusing young officials.
EXACTLY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
If you truly think that was the parent's intent when making that post, then you are sadly mistaken. His intent was to have us substantiate his claims about biased, brutal officiating. Did you happen to notice the claim that the officiating wasn't "fair"? Iow those calls weren't being missed both ways?

I could care less about the actual rules/calls involved or the quality of the officiating. You obviously have a rec league of some kind here, composed of 9 year-old girls and being officiated by high school students who most likely have received nada in the way of formal training. What bothers me is we have a parent of a 9 year-old girl sitting in the stands publically berating and verbally abusing those high school kids trying to officiate that game. That's the issue, not whether some damn illegal screen call got missed.

If you think that there's anything at all "positive" about that behavior, so be it. You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree completely with you and I always will. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to that.
I completely agree.

If they wanted a real answer, these people would not do a "Google" search and then come here to ask questions to support some craziness. They would go to their local league people already and get a real answer. If I have a problem with a company, I do not go to the internet to complain about it. I go straight to that company as you should. There is nothing any of us can do or not do to help someone that only wants to complain. You can quote rules or mechanics it is not going to matter. It never does any other time why would that take place now?

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Feb 22, 2010 at 10:50am.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

It's too bad we chased Lostdog off.

I was looking forward to answering his follow up question on three seconds.....
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 11:41am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
Whether I've been here for one year or ten (or 90 in Padgett's case), I completely understand where you're coming from.

However, if someone puts the rule out there, I would think that if someone is sensible enough, they could read the rule, try and understand it, and move on. Lots of times on here we get visitors who really do want to understand the rule, and then they leave because they got what they came here for.

I realize not everyone is as sensible as these people are, but the least we could do is put the onus on them to read the rule.
The rule was explained, early. "no foul without contact."
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 11:48am
Keeper of the HAMMER

My daughter is 9: 4th grade. All I can say is, it's a good thing there aren't dandelions on the court, or they'd be picking them.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

:sigh:
Closed Thread