Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:13pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I'm not concerned with the name-calling. I'm bothered that you deleted my post and the quoted point of it. It was something that he could have learned from. You could have simply blocked out the name that he called you without nixing the rest of my post. Instead you were lazy and opted to delete the whole thing. His post was right about one thing--this isn't Rich.com.

You breaking out the red pen doesn't do anything productive in this thread except try to make yourself look smarter. If you're so concerned about his spelling and grammar, send him a PM.

We're done talking about this.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:13pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Grammar Nazi stuff isn't a good enough reason to feign ignorance. You could have just as easily removed the offending words once you realized they were being deleted if you wanted to pick on his typos.

It's time to move on from this, though, and keep it on topic.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Someone had already posted the rule with specific wording that tells you exactly when A6 becomes a player.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
I would like everyone to read case play 3-3-1 stuation F
It is not the same situation, and it Is to lengthy to type, but It does say that "substitutes become players when they legally enter the court, in this case, when the referee beckoned them into the court.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:29pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonboys03 View Post
It is not the same situation, and it Is to lengthy to type, but It does say that "substitutes become players when they legally enter the court, in this case, when the referee beckoned them into the court.
No.

I can beckon a substitute and a coach can still call that person back.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You've granted a timeout. What are the rules on substituting during a timeout? They apply as soon as the timeout is granted.

(I'll let you find those. )
case play 3-3-1 stuation F
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The play 3.3.1f says the players "are beckoned into the game AND ENTER the court. Beckoning alone is not enough.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:33pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
case play 3-3-1 stuation F
See above.

What's still unclear is why any official would beckon a player after granting and administering a timeout. That procedure is already covered in the rules and those subs do not *require* beckoning by an official.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
See above.

What's still unclear is why any official would beckon a player after granting and administering a timeout. That procedure is already covered in the rules and those subs do not *require* beckoning by an official.
Yes I did read that In the substitution rule. But In this case the player was at the Table before the time out was granted. Do you just ignore them and look over there head and grant the time out? That question isn't a challenge it truly is me asking?
In the original post the referee beckoned the player in the game before REPORTING the timeout.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
The play 3.3.1f says the players "are beckoned into the game AND ENTER the court. Beckoning alone is not enough.
That isn't the way 3-3-1 situation F reads. I'm looking for it in the rule book that defines when a player is legally on the court. With this in black and white I would say the beckoning is what makes him legal.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That isn't the way 3-3-1 situation F reads. I'm looking for it in the rule book that defines when a player is legally on the court. With this in black and white I would say the beckoning is what makes him legal.
Second sentence says it. I've cited multiple rules. If your partner beckoned the player and he ENTERED the court(inbounds) before timeout was granted he became a player. If the timeout was granted without him entering he did not become a player. Look also at 3-3-2 (rules have dashes). You will see that beckoning is one thing and entering is another.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:03pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Yes I did read that In the substitution rule. But In this case the player was at the Table before the time out was granted. Do you just ignore them and look over there head and grant the time out? That question isn't a challenge it truly is me asking?
In the original post the referee beckoned the player in the game before REPORTING the timeout.
Yes, you do.

Coach calls the timeout, you find out if it's a 30 or 60 and then you go to the table.

By now, the player should already be heading over to the team huddle. If not, I'm not beckoning the player.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Second sentence says it. I've cited multiple rules. If your partner beckoned the player and he ENTERED the court(inbounds) before timeout was granted he became a player. If the timeout was granted without him entering he did not become a player. Look also at 3-3-2 (rules have dashes). You will see that beckoning is one thing and entering is another.
I did use dashes. That was Bigcat that used decimals. But thank you for your input
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Case plays are decimals. Rules are dashes. The proper cite is 3.3.1F.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Read the ruling in that situation
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:16pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Please Take A Seat Coach ...

Quote:
... how many angels can fit on the head of a pin ...
Quote:
... there is a legitimate question here. Not as silly as you make it seem.
Agree. Take it a step further and assume that either A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, or A6 decides to mouth off, using profanity, to an official. Is the coach seatbelted (technical foul on bench personnel), or not (technical foul on a player)? We don't need to know how may angels can fit on the head of a pin (a metaphor for wasting time debating topics of no practical value), but we do need to know answers to questions posed in this thread, like who's a player, and who is bench personnel.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 24, 2016 at 10:32pm.
Closed Thread