The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 16, 2015, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
Umm... Yes it is. Before you go telling others to check the rules, you better be pretty sure yourself. The situation cc posted did NOT say dead ball contact. A "dead ball technical foul" written like that should be POI.

You're right about this, the ball being live or dead is irrelevant.
You completely missed the point. Since you have just agreed that whether the ball is live or dead is irrelevant for an unsporting technical foul, the conclusion must be that the only tech for which it matters to specify that the ball was dead is the one involving contact. That was the point which I was trying to make to CC with my previous line of questioning as that kind of T also doesn't result in POI.

His "routine" technical description was woefully unclear as shoving an opponent during a dead ball may be considered a "routine" technical by many officials. Others may feel the same way about a player expressing displeasure with a call.
Old Mon Feb 16, 2015, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
His "routine" technical description was woefully unclear as shoving an opponent during a dead ball may be considered a "routine" technical by many officials. Others may feel the same way about a player expressing displeasure with a call.
I didn't say routine technical. I said routine POI technical, thereby concretely excluding contact dead ball fouls.

I concede the word "routine" was superfluous. But good heavens, it wasn't woefully unclear!

If I ever needed a lawyer, I would retain Nevada. He is a master of manipulative persuasion (a.k.a. "spin").