Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Jun 06, 2012, 03:58pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Out of curiousity, when you lead the pregame how do you discuss "helping partners" on OOB calls?

What do you do when working with a guy like myself, who doesnt believe in that practice & is all about getting the play right?
First of all, I will put my record of "getting calls right" and the level of games I have worked up against yours any day...so don't try to go there.

Secondly, in pregame(whether I am leading it or not) I will tell my partners that if they want my help, ask for it, and I will give it. If they don't ask, there's no reason for me to give help. And I tell them that if I want their help, I will ask for it. If I don't ask, I don't need their help.

So if I am working with you, and I call an oob and you come running down to me making a big show of helping me out, I will simply say "thank you", change the call to what you wanted it to be, and then do my best to never work with you again. And no, I will not bring it up in the locker room.

If I am working with you and I make an oob call and people start going nuts, I will think "hmmm, did I miss something here?" and then I will yell "Partner, you got something for me?". And then I will change my call or not based on the info you give me.

If I am working with you and you make an oob call and I have info you might want, I will hold my spot and stand there and smile at you stupidly. If you shake your head at me, away I go...if you want my information, you will ask me "Partner, you got something for me?"

Nice and simple...

Last edited by rockyroad; Wed Jun 06, 2012 at 04:02pm.