The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 11, 2011, 05:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I don't care if it's an assistant coach, trainer, bus driver, or EMT; if anyone comes onto the floor to tend to the player, the coach has thus been beckoned.

And if anyone comes on to the floor and takes the opportunity to try to deal with the officials, then I'll consider a T.

The answer to your question, though, is yes, there is at least one on this board who would consider a T.
Where the heck is that guy? I don't mean "That Guy" (although with what you're implying he might qualify in this situation as "That Guy"
Old Fri Feb 11, 2011, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
I don't see anything in the OP about the coach coming on the floor (unless he's one of the dozen or so), but he'd definitely be "beckoned" under the circumstances.

Are these people coming from the stands? Anyone considering a whack? What level are we talking about here?
Any trainer, assistant coach, etc that comes onto the court to tend to a player means by extension that I've beckoned the coach and he's sent someone qualified to look at the player.

And if you considered whacking a parent or someone from the stands helping an injured player, then you'd be in the minority...and when I mean minority, I mean only one person on this board that would do that...and I do mean that literally. Doesn't matter what level....college, high school, middle school, 6th grade elite, competitive 4th graders, you get my point, don't do that. I'd venture to say if someone tried to pull that mess, your assignor would not be a huge fan of yours.

Now if a coach or trainer uses this injury time to b*tch and moan, I'd give a very stern warning to look after the player. If they don't heed that advice, WHACK!
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Feb 11, 2011, 10:55pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by loners4me View Post
A1 fouled on a layup . His coach his mom and half a dozen random people come onto the floor to tend to him as he goes down screaming. Does anybody have the casebook play whether A1 shoots the throws. Whether a substitute can shoot them. Can A1 re enter the game at a later point if he doesnt shoot?
Quote:
I don't see anything in the OP about the coach coming on the floor (unless he's one of the dozen or so), but he'd definitely be "beckoned" under the circumstances.

Are these people coming from the stands? Anyone considering a whack? What level are we talking about here?
You don't?
Old Sat Feb 12, 2011, 12:05am
Back from the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
You don't?
That's what happens when you read a passage quickly.

In college, when someone gets hurt, I typically see the trainer first, and then a head coach. In high school, the head coach of course, and maybe one or two others. In middle school, always the head coach. (I don't see trainers too often at that level.)

In any game I've worked, I've never seen a parent come out to the floor to tend to their hurt kid. Maybe they leave that to the coach (which they should), or maybe they've been told it's a T if they hit the floor. It happens so seldom for me to have an opinion about it.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2011, 06:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Whack a "mom" for coming out of the stands if her kid is injured? Whack someone for trying to help a screaming, injured player? At any level?

Lah me.....NevadaRef lives!
Old Sat Feb 12, 2011, 07:45am
Esteemed Forum Member

Hope He's Alright ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
NevadaRef lives!
You sure? Last post was a month ago. Last activity was a few days ago. Has he become a "lurker"?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 12, 2011 at 07:59am.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
The answer to your question, though, is yes, there is at least one on this board who would consider a T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 View Post
Where the heck is that guy? I don't mean "That Guy" (although with what you're implying he might qualify in this situation as "That Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Lah me.....NevadaRef lives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
You sure? Last post was a month ago. Last activity was a few days ago. Has he become a "lurker"?
Nice to be missed guys.

I'm alive and well. Plenty of whacking to do out here as postseason approaches.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I'm alive and well. Plenty of whacking to do out here as postseason approaches.
Glad you're back, though I must say I'm not really interested in your personal life.