Thread: injury ?
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 11, 2011, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
I don't see anything in the OP about the coach coming on the floor (unless he's one of the dozen or so), but he'd definitely be "beckoned" under the circumstances.

Are these people coming from the stands? Anyone considering a whack? What level are we talking about here?
Any trainer, assistant coach, etc that comes onto the court to tend to a player means by extension that I've beckoned the coach and he's sent someone qualified to look at the player.

And if you considered whacking a parent or someone from the stands helping an injured player, then you'd be in the minority...and when I mean minority, I mean only one person on this board that would do that...and I do mean that literally. Doesn't matter what level....college, high school, middle school, 6th grade elite, competitive 4th graders, you get my point, don't do that. I'd venture to say if someone tried to pull that mess, your assignor would not be a huge fan of yours.

Now if a coach or trainer uses this injury time to b*tch and moan, I'd give a very stern warning to look after the player. If they don't heed that advice, WHACK!
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.