Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 07:00pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
1)no

2) You're rattling without knowing what you're talking about now. (imagine that)
They're going to save a few bucks? The game fees are the same. The mileage is the same. The money is the same.
1) Got it. You were gonna drive 300 miles the other day to stab a completely different association in the back. How noble of you....and your association.

2) Gee, I know from your past posts that you won't hesitate to throw guys from your own association under the bus. I guess I was rattling on about you probably having no problems doing the same to another association. That clear it up?

Like I said, JAR, you just don't get it it.
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 07:03pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post

That clear it up?
Yeah, that's clear. When called on something you know nothing about, you bluster about something else, which may or may not have any merit.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 07:39pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

1. If a pay raise is accepted, the guys who didn't sit out can thank the ones who did.

2. If a pay raise is not accepted, the guys who sat out can thank the ones who didn't.
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Here in Oklahoma, we don't have a statewide pay rate. Rates are determined by conference. Smaller schools in rural areas sometimes pay more (if they are not tied to a conference and schedule their own officials). For 5A-6A level schools (6A is our highest classification) in my area, $45 for Varsity games (same crew for B&G). $25 for all sub varsity, including middle school. No travel reimbursement. 3 man crews for all 5A-6A varsity games, 2 man for all sub varsity and B-4A varsity games. You work 4 middle school games, 6 minute quarters (7/8 G/B) for $100. 2 JV games (7 min. quarters) for $50, or 2 Varsity games for $90. We rank pretty low on the totem pole, but $31 for Varsity games?? That's pretty weak.
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:17pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonpitcher View Post
Here in Oklahoma, we don't have a statewide pay rate. Rates are determined by conference. Smaller schools in rural areas sometimes pay more (if they are not tied to a conference and schedule their own officials). For 5A-6A level schools (6A is our highest classification) in my area, $45 for Varsity games (same crew for B&G). $25 for all sub varsity, including middle school. No travel reimbursement. 3 man crews for all 5A-6A varsity games, 2 man for all sub varsity and B-4A varsity games. You work 4 middle school games, 6 minute quarters (7/8 G/B) for $100. 2 JV games (7 min. quarters) for $50, or 2 Varsity games for $90. We rank pretty low on the totem pole, but $31 for Varsity games?? That's pretty weak.
We get travel. Some nights, you make less than I do.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:20pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
1. If a pay raise is accepted, the guys who didn't sit out can thank the ones who did.

2. If a pay raise is not accepted, the guys who sat out can thank the ones who didn't.
Snaqs, I value your opinion, and appreciate your way of presenting it, but I have to disagree. Statements were made that the threat of a walkout changed some votes to the negative. Hard to believe the real thing generated a lot of good will for the cause.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
We get travel. Some nights, you make less than I do.
I will say that I have not gone more than 25 miles to officiate all season, so the travel is kind of a moot point for me.
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:32pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
I will say that I have not gone more than 25 miles to officiate all season, so the travel is kind of a moot point for me.
I am unfortunate in that I live at one end of our territory, so I have to travel more than anyone we have, probably. But we have a minimum of $30 travel for the crew, so the least we can get for a varsity doubleheader is $87 each 2 man, which is about all we do.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:40pm
Esteemed Forum Member

One And A Half Trips ...

Quote:
Fifty miles one way back home. Was only twenty five miles from work (Don't tell the IRS). No mileage, but the $88.28 check (one game) seems fair.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:56pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Fifty miles one way back home. Was only twenty five miles from work (Don't tell the IRS). No mileage, but the $88.28 check (one game) seems fair.
Billy, do you guys ever work more than one game? And, if so, does the fee double, or is the rate cut for the second game?

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:57pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
You've already told them at least twice, this week alone.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:57pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Most nights, my travel takes the opposite pattern. As many as 70 miles to the game, then 15 miles home.
Old Sat Feb 05, 2011, 10:45am
Esteemed Forum Member

Double Down ???

Quote:
Billy, do you guys ever work more than one game? And, if so, does the fee double, or is the rate cut for the second game?
For high school varsity games, never. Schools will seldom schedule the boys/girls varsity doubleheaders that I see other Forum members posting about. Also, when these rare doubleheaders are scheduled, or when high school Holiday Tournament varsity doubleheaders are scheduled, different crews get the assignments.

The most common type of doubleheaders assigned are 4:00 p.m. freshman games followed by 5:30 p.m. junior varsity games. One, or both, of the freshman officials may stay at the site for the junior varsity assignment. This is because we do not have a lot of available officials for midafternoon games. Most of them have day jobs, and can't make the 4:00 p.m. start. When our officials do work said doubleheader, they get two full game fees. (Two subvarsity fees, $57.25 + $57.25 = $114.50)

When I work for my Catholic middle school assigner, he will cut the rate for a boys/girls varsity (eighth grade) doubleheader, which are almost always assigned as a doubleheader. For example, I have one of these varsity (seven minute periods) doubleheaders tonight. I will walk out with a check for $84.00. One of our Catholic schools does not field a girls varsity team. We will work a single boys varsity game when that school is involved in an assignment, and will walk out of those games with a check for $54.00.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 12:10pm.
Old Sat Feb 05, 2011, 10:47am
Esteemed Forum Member

Now, Where Are My Reading Glasses ???

Quote:
You've already told them at least twice, this week alone.
So I better post that I always forget my bag at home, and always have to stop at home to get my bag.

Old Sat Feb 05, 2011, 11:28am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
So I better post that I always forget my bag at home, and always have to stop at home to get my bag.

Tell it to the judge.

Lonesome Dove