The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 30, 2011, 07:29pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Gotcha. Either way, though, the OP is legal.
Hey, I know that, and you know that, but consider how many fans (and even some coaches) react when the thrower's foot simply touches the line.

Lonesome Dove
Old Sun Jan 30, 2011, 07:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Which Is Why They Should Call The Mythbusters ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Consider how many fans (and even some coaches) react when the thrower's foot simply touches the line.
A player inbounding the ball may step on, but not over the line. During a designated spot throwin, the player inbounding the ball must keep one foot on or over the three-foot wide designated spot. An inbounding player is allowed to jump or move one or both feet. A player inbounding the ball may move backward as far as the five-second time limit or space allows. If player moves outside the three-foot wide designated spot it is a violation, not travelling. In gymnasiums with limited space outside the sidelines and endlines, a defensive player may be asked to step back no more than three feet. A player inbounding the ball may bounce the ball on the out-of-bounds area prior to making a throwin.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Jan 30, 2011, 08:50pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
And metal whistles on red lanyards? [That fit neatly under the collared shirts].
I had a teenage partner yesterday who had a metal whistle. Probably got it from his dad. Hadn't seen one in quite a while.