The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyinTN View Post
Had to be there
thanks!!!! though i feel kind of stupid...right after i posted i googled it and found it.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 520
Did someone say a violation would occur if the thrower dribbles while he's standing oob before throwing it in? Would it make any difference if it's spot throw or after made basket?
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:39pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
Did someone say a violation would occur if the thrower dribbles while he's standing oob before throwing it in? Would it make any difference if it's spot throw or after made basket?
No, no one said that.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:41pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Mark:

I agree with you. If the official judges that the ball is at the disposal of the team for a throw-in, then a five second count should start and if the thrower is a klutz that is his problem not the official's problem; assuming that the level of play is H.S. or higher. I might be more lenient for JrHS or lowering, but it would be a HTBT sort of play.

MTD, Sr.
If the player is trying to grab the ball, but can't get it for whatever reason, I'm not starting a count. The only time I start a count when the player doesn't have it in his hands is when he's not trying.
No way I'd have a 5 second count even started on this one.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
If the player is trying to grab the ball, but can't get it for whatever reason, I'm not starting a count. The only time I start a count when the player doesn't have it in his hands is when he's not trying.
No way I'd have a 5 second count even started on this one.
+1

And I definitely would have brought it back in the OP and started over if I had not started me count yet, which it sounds like the official in the OP had not.
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
Did someone say a violation would occur if the thrower dribbles while he's standing oob before throwing it in? Would it make any difference if it's spot throw or after made basket?
And, no, it wouldn't make a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 520
So is it a violation to dribble (purposely, not fumble) while standing oob attempting the throw in?
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 04:45pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
So is it a violation to dribble (purposely, not fumble) while standing oob attempting the throw in?
Do you have a rule book?
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 04:47pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
We've had a thread on this recently, in which JR points you to the case play.

Try this link.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 04:57pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 520
A rule book? Me?

No, don't have em here at my office, and I musta just missed that thread back last month. I was fairly certain there was no violation; needed a quick back up to respond to a buddy that called me earlier about it happening in a kids rec game last night. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 05:01pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
No, don't have em here at my office, and I musta just missed that thread back last month. I was fairly certain there was no violation; needed a quick back up to respond to a buddy that called me earlier about it happening in a kids rec game last night. Thanks.
Ah
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Line up NF benbret Basketball 2 Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:10pm
Free kick line behind the goal line starman Football 9 Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:33pm
Line-Up whiskers_ump Softball 6 Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:11am
30% from the line BMA Basketball 5 Thu Jan 31, 2002 09:34am
The Line Doug Basketball 4 Sat Dec 08, 2001 01:40pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1