The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 01:35pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleringer View Post
Here's what I was referring to. Have a patient whistle. If there is a second in between the 2 fouls, either pass on the second, or call it a dead ball T.
Or, in this case, it sounds like it may have happened while the shot was still in the air, so it could still be a common foul.

Lonesome Dove
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Here's what I was referring to. Have a patient whistle. If there is a second in between the 2 fouls, either pass on the second, or call it a dead ball T.
Why would you call it a dead ball T if the ball is still live?
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Only if the ball is dead. Multi-tasking here and not being incredibly clear.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

1 foul against gold, the other foul against red. Both happening approximately at the same time. This being the case as the two fouls are separate makes this a simultaneous foul. As the one foul was caused on a shooter, 2 FTs awarded. The other foul was an off-the-ball foul.

Each team got a foul added to their team totals. It was the red coach that argued that the possession arrow should be for them to start the next quarter (as no jump/held balls happened between the fouls & end of quarter).

The officials even were kinda stumped about the possession arrow, but I mentioned about the FT shots on that foul, & they did a mid-court conference to verify what I told them. The POI in this situation, as I see it, was the foul against the shooter (initially), the off-the-ball foul was an aftereffect of physical play. Neither team was put into the bonus by this.

So far this year, all crews in my area have been 3 man crews for Sub-V games that I have seen myself.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Only if the ball is dead. Multi-tasking here and not being incredibly clear.
The ball was still in the air when the 2nd foul happened.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 04:42pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post

The officials even were kinda stumped about the possession arrow, but I mentioned about the FT shots on that foul, & they did a mid-court conference to verify what I told them. The POI in this situation, as I see it, was the foul against the shooter (initially), the off-the-ball foul was an aftereffect of physical play. Neither team was put into the bonus by this.

So far this year, all crews in my area have been 3 man crews for Sub-V games that I have seen myself.
Sounds like you are saying the off-ball foul was after the shooting foul. Which means it should have been ignored.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Sounds like you are saying the off-ball foul was after the shooting foul. Which means it should have been ignored.
That's what I was thinking, I believe the game was being recorded by one of the parents of a player, but unsure who. If I could see it again for clarification, that would help.

Another question, however, since the ball was still in the air when the off-the-ball foul happened, why ignore it?
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
From replaying what happened, the person was in the process of shooting when they got fouled. The other foul was a push off in order to try to gain advantage off the rebound. They happened about a second between the 2 fouls.

As I saw the play, it seemed kosher the way it was called, as they did not actually happen simutaneously.

Am wondering other's opinions, as the visiting coach was thinking the AP should of been used as the POI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle
This being the case as the two fouls are separate makes this a simultaneous foul
Number 1 you are contradicting yourself......IMHO you don't have a simultaneous foul you have a false double. Penalize each foul in order of occurance (ie shoot the free throws, then since you aren't in the bonus for b give them the ball at the spot of the foul and move along)

If you insist that it is simultaneous then they should not have shot any free throws and gone to POI, which since the ball didn't go in would have led to the AP
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 07:26pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pennsylvania Coach View Post
It's "should have" or "should've."
Why is mbyron allowed to have two registered usernames?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 07:29pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Who's the new guy/gal?

You can, too, Billy. But we'd all know it was you the first time "TransylvTranny" copied and pasted a paragraph from your myths.