The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 07, 2009, 08:07pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question You make the call (for newbies)

OK, you new guys. A HS kid who is going to ref his first year in our rec league asked me this one. What do you think? HS rules. A1 is standing behind his three point line when he goes up in the air to shoot a jumper. While he's in the air, but before he releases the ball, his shoe comes totally off his foot and lands inside the three point line. He then releases the shot and it goes in. Does his team get two or three points?
Old Sat Nov 07, 2009, 09:44pm
This IS My Social Life

Footloose

Neither two- nor three-.
Blow your whistle, announce to the crowd that "A soul was lost," have a moment of silence, resume play at point of interruption.
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 01:49am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
OK, you new guys. A HS kid who is going to ref his first year in our rec league asked me this one. What do you think? HS rules. A1 is standing behind his three point line when he goes up in the air to shoot a jumper. While he's in the air, but before he releases the ball, his shoe comes totally off his foot and lands inside the three point line. He then releases the shot and it goes in. Does his team get two or three points?
The newbies are concerned that this is how 9,188 posts affects your thought process.

Lonesome Dove
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 12:30pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Neither two- nor three-.
Blow your whistle, announce to the crowd that "A soul was lost," have a moment of silence, resume play at point of interruption.
I couldn't give the guy that much respect. After all, he was a real heel.
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I couldn't give the guy that much respect. After all, he was a real heel.
Geeze, can't we just tie this one up? I'm knot sure anyone wants this to continue.

Same principle - player standing near the sideline, holding the ball, tries to make a move when their shoe flies off and lands OOB. Would you call the violation? How about a player dribbling along the sideline, decides they don't want their headband on any more, takes it off and tosses it under the bench. Would that be a violation?

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 11:25am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
Geeze, can't we just tie this one up? I'm knot sure anyone wants this to continue.

Same principle - player standing near the sideline, holding the ball, tries to make a move when their shoe flies off and lands OOB. Would you call the violation? How about a player dribbling along the sideline, decides they don't want their headband on any more, takes it off and tosses it under the bench. Would that be a violation?
Is it Tuesday?
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 11:31am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post

To shamelessly steal a line from the baseball forum and originally Jim Evans:

Day game or night game?