The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 07:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question Another you make the call for newbies

OK, you new guys. Try this one. No fair looking in the book first.

NF rules - two person crew. Ten seconds into the game, A1 shoots a three pointer and is fouled by both B1 and B2 while still in the air. Before he comes down, A2 fouls B3. B3 then punches A2 so B6 and B7 come off the bench and get into a fight with A6 and A7 who also have come off the bench. The scorekeeper yells that A2 wasn't designated as a starter and that B4 and B5 aren't in the book. At that time, you also notice that A3 is wearing an illegal number. Your partner decides to leave the court and go get a beer when all of a sudden, the two opposing coaches start punching each other. You can't leave because you are being evaluated by an assignor in the stands.

The question is: if you decide to stop the game at this point and put some air into the ball because you just noticed it was a little flat, where do you put the ball into play when you resume?
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

POI, heck everybody knows that.

How are those meds comin'?
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 07:58pm
Official Forum Member

10 seconds into the game -- just start over. Jump ball at center court.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 09:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
10 seconds into the game -- just start over. Jump ball at center court.
I like that option
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post

NF rules - two person crew. Ten seconds into the game, A1 shoots a three pointer and is fouled by both B1 and B2 while still in the air. Before he comes down, A2 fouls B3. B3 then punches A2 so B6 and B7 come off the bench and get into a fight with A6 and A7 who also have come off the bench. The scorekeeper yells that A2 wasn't designated as a starter and that B4 and B5 aren't in the book. At that time, you also notice that A3 is wearing an illegal number. Your partner decides to leave the court and go get a beer when all of a sudden, the two opposing coaches start punching each other. You can't leave because you are being evaluated by an assignor in the stands.

The question is: if you decide to stop the game at this point and put some air into the ball because you just noticed it was a little flat, where do you put the ball into play when you resume?
I'll take a shot at what I can. A1 is awarded 3 shots for being fouled while shooting a 3. A2's foul doesn't matter because a foul was already whistled. B3 is ejected for fighting. B 6 and 7 are ejected for coming off the bench during a fight, as well as A6 and 7. Team technicals for B4 and 5 for not being in the book. Team technical for A3 wearing an illegal number.

Not sure about A2 being designated a starter or whatever.

Possession determined by arrow with a division line throw-in?

How did I do?
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 09:34pm
Official Forum Member

Bas2456:

I'm not going to try and get them all, but I'm shooting 4 FT for the multiple foul. And yes, that would be the first time I've ever had a multiple foul.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 11:15pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post

I will give it a go.

B1 and B2 committed a multiple foul. If the shot is good, report both fouls and A1 gets two shots - one each for the fouls. If the shot is NOT good, report both fouls and A1 gets four shots - two each for the fouls.

A2 gets a foul and B3 will shot if in the bonus. Since we're 10 seconds in, such won't be the case.

B3 is flagged for a flagrant foul - A shots two for that foul.

B6, B7 and A6, A7 are given simultaneous flagrant technical fouls. The penalties for these fouls offset.

An admin T for A2 not being marked as a starter. One admin T each for the invalid roster. These offset because how can you assign what happened first?

The two coaches are both given flagrant technical fouls and are ejected. These penalties offset.

I tell my P to not come back (quietly), and ask the evaluator if he wants to lace them up, or if I'm doing the rest of the game solo.

Before I administer any free throws, I will pump up the ball to regulation weight and think why my P, the R on the game, didn't take care of this. Because if I was the R, I would have dealt with it pre-game.

With the lane cleared: A1 shoots 2 or 4.

Team A player shoots 2 for the fighting T to B3.

Team A will have the ball for the subsequent throw-in at the division line opposite the table. Each team will now be coached by the AC or a playing coach.

(I'm pretty sure that I have the admin Ts incorrect. )
Old Sat Jan 31, 2009, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Sorry, I was busy looking at the blonde in the 3rd row, what was the question?