Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj View Post
Here's an apology they could make....

We're sorry. We're sorry you're a bunch of idiots. And please take this apology in the spirit in which it's given.

Respectfully,

The Crew
Fixed it for you. Now it is "well said"!
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Here's a link to the HS: High School

I also e-mailed the Principal.
I would be interested in if you get a response from this community leader.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
The worst part, to me, is that instead of being able to use this loss as a good lesson; the adults who are in charge are blaming a referee. No, the kids aren't responsible for actually fouling the shooter or not making layups; it's all the ref's fault.

Educational Malpractice.
You forget...according to all parents, their kids have NEVER committed a foul!!
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

For a little perspective about the school.....

Google -- Trotwood Madison Probation
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:16pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
For a little perspective about the school.....

Google -- Trotwood Madison Probation
Sounds like the principal isn't principalling very well.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

This is the principal's entire statement on the situation. What a moron or should I say typical fanboy!!! I guess it doesn't matter that his team missed free throws, had a chance to steal the ball before the shot, etc. I agree with Rut, more of that "you can't call that at that time" BS!!! To me, all videos of the incident clearly show a foul. The reporter is an idiot as well.

GERALD COX: ‘VOICE TO BE HEARD’

“We have several students, parents, staff members, community members who believe that the call at the end of the game on Saturday was not the proper call. And that it should not have been made given the particular circumstances — the end of the game; district final; score tied. They just felt that the foul was not blatant enough, flagrant enough, whatever descriptor you want to use there.

“Many of the students and many of the staff have addressed letters to the Ohio High School Athletic Association either to Commissioner (Donald B.) Ross or to (Assistant) Commissioner Henry Zaborniak, the person whose responsibility would involve the officials, to review the circumstances and take some kind of action.

“I think most people at this point believe that the action would have to be something directed at the process and perhaps at that particular official or the officials in general. I don’t think anyone at this point is expecting that they’re going to re-play the game or the last few seconds of the game or anything like that. but they would like for their voice to be heard and the situation to be reviewed and to have some kind of response.

“The students have a petition going. I haven’t seen it. I don’t know what the specific words were that they used, but I know the substance of it is they just think that the call was not the proper call to make. So they’ve got their little petition going. They’ve got hundreds of student signatures. I think they said they’ve probably about 500 student signatures. They did send a letter off to the commissioner. They did have a secretary send that off for them earlier today.

“I’m addressing a letter to the commissioner myself and I believe our central administration is addressing a letter as well. Those are the district things that I am aware of. I also got word that several other members of the community were drafting or crafting some kinds of letters that they wanted to send off as well.

“News people came out and met with us today, and talked with myself, Coach (Mark) Baker, some student spokespeople. We had one member of the basketball team, senior Aaron Robinson, talk, and then the two young ladies who were coordinating that effort with the signatures and so forth spoke as well. And I thought everybody did a pretty nice job.

“I thought they represented themselves real well and were very clear about the fact that they bear Centerville no ill will. A couple of them actually congratulated Centerville on the victory and wished them well for the remainder of the season, and just focused on what they thought was the unfairness of the situation given the call that the official made. That’s pretty much what happened today. They’re asking for some kind of response, whatever that response is. Everyone is pretty unified in that.

“I think I would be happy if someone acknowledged that perhaps it was not the correct call to make and that they will, in fact, make sure that’s a part of the process that the officials go through. My understanding is the officials did huddle up with 6.6 seconds left in the game, and they did talk through that. They did say, ‘Hey, unless there’s a flagrant foul, we do not call a foul. This game goes to overtime.’

“I would like to think that officials do have that as part of their process and that they do, in fact, implement that when the time comes. I’m not sure why that didn’t happen. It was an official who told us that that’s the process they followed. And I’m not sure why they didn’t. I would like to see some acknowledgement that, ‘Yeah, that’s what should happen and that’s what we should have done. We made an error there. There was an error in judgement.’ Or something of that nature.

“And then perhaps that that one official is actually dealt with. And by dealt with, obviously I’m not talking about firing the official or anything. But I’d like to think that when an employee of mine does something that I believe is against district protocol, that I talk with him, document the conversation. You know, those kinds of things. I’d like to hear that.”
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

He without guilt cast the first stone

Ah, Mr Cox, seems like you have a little history here.

JJHuddle.com - OHSAA places Trotwood-Madison football program on two years probation, suspends coach
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

This letter brings to light a bigger issue...why is this guy a prinicpal?

What a Tool!
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:35pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I watched the play. It was a good call, one that I hope I would make in the exact same scenario.

And I'll keep it unanimous -- the principal and the fans "protesting" are all tools.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Another article on it...........like the Nicklaus quote.

I'm trying to figure out how the guy can rationalize that the other team can be put at a disadvantage and the call should not have been made.

DaytonDailyNews: Dayton, Ohio, news and information

Last edited by fullor30; Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 12:39pm.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Another article on it...........like the Nicklaus quote.

I'm trying to figure out how the guy can rationalize that the other team can be put at a disadvantage and the call should not have been made.

DaytonDailyNews: Dayton, Ohio, news and information

This article is great.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

The 'beat' goes on

Trotwood-Madison coach disciplined after 2 players fight
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Good grief...

I was expecting to see some extremely erroneous rule application. What I saw was a routine judgment call.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:46pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
“News people came out and met with us today, and talked with myself, Coach (Mark) Baker, some student spokespeople.
And this is from the chief educator at the school. Pathetic!
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 12:47pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbzebra View Post
You forget...according to all parents, their kids have NEVER committed a foul!!
Parental malpractice.